Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: How long have you been trying to build your online business?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything How long have you been trying to build your online business? Reply To: How long have you been trying to build your online business?

Leslie Leftley
Participant

Hi Bruce,

Well I made a modest income from selling physical used books on Amazon from around 2007. The economic crash along with several other adverse factors started to erod my profits around 2010. But the profits continued to be useful until around 2012. At that time I started to look for other projects to replace the lost book income and eventually replace it altogether.

But I never followed through on these other projects, and I cashed in a couple of smaller pensions to finance the purchase of scores of BSOs, and not all cheap ones I can assure you. To mention everything I looked at doing online would take forever, but I never stuck with any of them. I always managed to find an excuse as to why they would not work.Then procrastination would set in until the next BSO came along.

For the last 3 years I have become more serious in my search for online success, and the last year absolutely serious, as my book income is now negligible. I have no more pensions or savings on which to call upon, so I have to knuckle down, and build slow, due to my tight financial budget.

Skip to toolbar