Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Do your family/friends know what you do online? And are they supportive?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Do your family/friends know what you do online? And are they supportive? Reply To: Do your family/friends know what you do online? And are they supportive?

Leslie Leftley
Participant

My wife supports me, financially, almost entirely, since my small online business (selling second hand physical book on Amazon) suffered a disastrous sharp decline over the last couple of years or so.

I should have started something consequential online 3 or 4 yeas ago. When I still had a reasonable online income and also savings to plunder.

No more income, no more savings…not anymore.

So she supports me (and I don’t really deserve it) But due to many, many false starts in various IM ventures, she does not really believe I can make anything work online. Currently she just about tolerates the situation. And she looks at me, eyes glazing over when I mention what I am looking at the moment. So this time I have to make it work. Not just for my own peace of mind, but for my wife, who puts up with it all.

Anyone else to whom I have mentioned my online business activities to, never really grasp the point. I know this because their responses tell me they are only half tuned in to my explanation. So I simply stopped saying anything, to anyone, except for something vague like “I sell stuff online”.

Skip to toolbar