Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends? Reply To: Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends?

Mark Rhodes
Participant

Bruce,

A couple of years ago, I had a piece of paper folded in quarters. Each quarter had a 90-minute block of time written on it. 9:00-10:30 for example. I would unfold and refold it to match the time and stick it under my closed office door so anyone approaching could read it and not just walk in during those times. My wife and son honored it so well that I don’t really need to do it anymore. I just shut the door and get about 80-90% compliance.

Funny, I worked at home for years then got commercial space for 16 years. My wife and son begged me to come back home. Partly because life was pretty quiet there after the three older siblings were married and gone. During those 16 years, we also taught our kids at home and pastored a home church. Home was a major hub of activity.

Five years ago I did move my office back home. The three of us bump into each other a little too much for ideal productivity, but it works about as well as it could. Still, I try to leave the house one day per week, and my wife tutors at the high school for two days per week. It’s a great balance, and we still spend many hours together each week. <3 <3

Mark

All About Health And Healing

1 user thanked author for this post.
Skip to toolbar