Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Gender Specific Niche

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Gender Specific Niche Reply To: Gender Specific Niche

Mark Rhodes
Participant

Julia, I’m not totally sure I understand the question. Is your whole business all about just the one product that isn’t inherently gender-specific?

Here were some of my thoughts. Maybe something in my experience could be a little bit of help…

I’ve been in the hormone world for 21 years now. It leans female for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that women are more likely to seek help.

Anyway, my patient client percentages run something like 80% female. ALSO, even my doctor client percentages run about 65% female. I don’t market the business so much with that in mind. It’s just how it works out. However, I would market a product toward a specific gender when it makes sense. Examples in my world are: hormone testing for men, for post-menopausal women, or for cycling women. I market the products accordingly. Measuring stress hormones falls across gender, as does digestive function. So all my patients get their adrenal/stress hormones checked. I require it.

Big companies differentiate all the time. Just look at the ads around us. Lots of vitamins/magazines/shoes/etc. that are marketed very much toward a single gender. But a vitamin company often will carry a women’s version that may not be too different from the men’s version.

“These stress relief vitamins are made just for women. So that’s why they cost more.”

Mark

All About Health And Healing

1 user thanked author for this post.
Skip to toolbar