Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends? Reply To: Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends?

Joe Martin
Participant

I believe it is critical to have balance in your life.

Without it, the reason you’re working in the first place, other than the basic survival needs, gets overlooked.

I know this from personal experience, and if I had it to do over again, I would be much more balanced rather than so work focused.

There are times you must be imbalanced, this is a given. But, this is not something you should do on a long-term basis, as I did.

That is, if you really want to experience the full flavor of life and share the fruits of your labor.

Nowadays, I get up early when my family is asleep and stay up later as needed so as not to cut in to the time they deserve.

It’s tough because I found myself justifying how all this hard work was for them but in the long run it was really about me and my desire to be successful.

At least this is what I discovered and I also discovered that after having all the fancy cars, homes and material things that it really didn’t matter about that stuff.

What mattered was what was inside the home.

My two cents…

2 users thanked author for this post.
Skip to toolbar