Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Do you think I am on the right track with the home page, approach and linking?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Do you think I am on the right track with the home page, approach and linking? Reply To: Do you think I am on the right track with the home page, approach and linking?

Donna Merrill
Participant

Looks like you’re off an running, Scott.

Nice structure, a lot of work ahead of you 🙂

But it’s a labor of love, right?

Now, here’s my thought.

You mentioned this: “Eventually it will wind up organically in search engines and it will become the “go to” place for the topic and create its own traffic.”

I think SEO is a tough way to popularize a site and make it successful.

You should probably be thinking more along the lines of marketing your content OFF your site, with links back to your site, or to a squeeze page, or even a content upgrade to your article or video.

So think in terms of things like YouTube videos, micro-blogging on Medium, LinkedIn, Tumblr etc.

The real thrust of marketing online now is to go where your audience is… mostly social media sites.

That’s where you’ll get your chance to demonstrate the value you offer.

Eventually, through whatever info funnel you set up, you get them to come to your site… but only after you’ve already built a trust with them.

SEO traffic is essentially cold traffic.

People may come to your site, but if they don’t know you and haven’t had an opportunity to engage with you on some level, they’ll be much more likely to bounce.

Keep up the good work and it will be fun to see this develop.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Skip to toolbar