Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Success with IM

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Success with IM Reply To: Success with IM

Suzanne Sukhram
Participant

I am guessing that a very high percentage of us in here can relate, Willie. I know I can.

Sean actually talked about this on a call yesterday, and one of the things he said was that when you know what you want to achieve (and have written out your plan), it is easier to evaluate things that cross your path. He suggests that you ask yourself, “Will this get me closer to [whatever the goal or plan is]?” If not, then it is an easy no. If it is not an easy yes or no answer, then you can ask if you will need it in the next 90 days. If not, you may be able to pass on it. (I hope I’m remembering the last part correctly, as I was getting ready to finish my walk when I got to that point.)

The thing that gets most of us, I suspect, is the countdown timers and the fact that most “marketers” say they are going to keep their particular offer open only for a short while. While scarcity works, I have started to be very intrigued with those who develop one thing as the greatest thing and then two days later they are on the next best greatest thing that is very similar to the first.

One of the things that I love about Sean is that he walks his talk. He teaches and coaches on doing a weekly call, and he does that. He trains that you should email every day, and he does that. There are very few marketers out there who actually DO what they TELL others to do. For example, the ones pushing the social media latest and greatest software talk about how dead email marketing is, and yet they promote via email marketing, and that is how they make their money – with their email lists.

I think you are in the right place, as we all are. Sean has been around a long time and has been a prolific product creator simply because he has learned a lot, and been committed to doing what he tells others to do. In a sea of people who put out half-baked products and who are always selling in their emails while offering no value, Sean stands out as one of the good guys.

Skip to toolbar