Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Success with IM

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Success with IM

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Willie Armit
    Participant

I have for the past few years been trying hard to get to a point where I can start earning a decent living from IM. I’ve been down the shinny objects road, got so much downloads – stuff in my laptop hard drive it’s bulging at the seems, tried with other Guru’s to start bringing in cash.
    So Sean can you manage to get me up and running on the www to earn cash that will sustain me in my modest lifestyle?

Willie Armit

• Author
    Replies

Melody Jackson
    Participant

Just a note, Willie, you’re not alone! I LOVE all the IM stuff and have bought tons of it. Until you and I really apply ourselves to a system, nothing will happen.

Even with your question to Sean, it’s going to be a matter of really doing the work.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Robert Mason
    Participant

Hi Melody, harsh but true!

Dominic Anderton
    Participant

I feel your pain, Willie. I have been down the road of shiny object syndrome, and it’s something I continue to struggle with today from time to time. Here’s my advice to you: start thinking like a seller instead of a buyer. I am not saying that you shouldn’t purchase products periodically, but don’t make impulsive buys. Decide, alternatively, whether the offer you are contemplating on purchasing could provide some efficiency in your business. Is it something that could increase my bottom line? So, in a nutshell, you must use rationale in evaluating your decisions on whether to purchase a product. Now, how do you transform from a buyer to seller? It’s easier said than done, as I continue to struggle with this transformation as I pursue my online endeavors.

Here are some tips:

1. Create separate folders identifying the marketers’ the email messages you receive in your inbox;

2. Instead of having those messages going to your inbox, have them to go to the appropriate folders;

3. About once or twice a week, just study the email messages from a marketer’s perspective – e.g., what time do you receive the messages: during the evening hours, midnight, morning, etc.

4. Start taking massive action. This shift requires a mindset shift. You have to define what are your business objective and only laser focus on those goals. One caveat: do not focus on too many business objectives at a time. In other words, don’t start a blog, then start working on launching a product, and then get into web domaining, and on and on. By spreading yourself across too many projects, you will find yourself burned out too quickly and not getting anything accomplished.

Hope these tips help you immensely.

Oh, so many Internet marketers love me for always buying up their products and, as the result of all my desperation, I have created so much credit card debt for me and my husband. And I still haven’t implemented very much at all! It’s because I’ve been so blocked and stuck when it comes to money that I am so motivated and addicted to buying what I cannot afford.

But now the time has finally come for me to actually make some money. Willie, I am finally taking the steps to get my business officially underway and it is only Sean who has gotten me here. Sean really cares and offers the highest quality training available at the best prices. And, thank goodness, because I would never have been able to dig out of this deep hole without him.

Take a lesson from Sean… it’s all about helping as many people as possible. Always will you have a thriving business if you are providing a service people cannot find anywhere else.

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Dominic, I have tried creating special folders for certain email, but I have found that I sometimes miss out on opportunities if I don’t also see that email in my inbox. I guess if I’m merely studying a certain marketer’s emails, making a special folder is a good idea. There’s too much in my inbox, that’s for sure!

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Joe Martin
    Participant

I’m right there with ya Willie, sad to say. Dominic had some great advice and I believe Sean is one of the smartest marketers in the IM space.

My opinion on Success with IM…

1) True success with anything sales related, including IM starts when you genuinely begin to care about the person on the other side of the desk, computer or webinar first. The money will follow, but not if we have this reversed.

2) Success with IM begins and sustains itself through laser focus and a burning desire to achieve your goal, which better include helping others get what they want and need.

3) Stay positive and Never give up, no matter what. Remember, the Fortune is in the Follow Up.

When the smoke clears, it really just comes down to 3 things, focus, focus, focus.

My two cents on this subject. 🙂

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

I am guessing that a very high percentage of us in here can relate, Willie. I know I can.

Sean actually talked about this on a call yesterday, and one of the things he said was that when you know what you want to achieve (and have written out your plan), it is easier to evaluate things that cross your path. He suggests that you ask yourself, “Will this get me closer to [whatever the goal or plan is]?” If not, then it is an easy no. If it is not an easy yes or no answer, then you can ask if you will need it in the next 90 days. If not, you may be able to pass on it. (I hope I’m remembering the last part correctly, as I was getting ready to finish my walk when I got to that point.)

The thing that gets most of us, I suspect, is the countdown timers and the fact that most “marketers” say they are going to keep their particular offer open only for a short while. While scarcity works, I have started to be very intrigued with those who develop one thing as the greatest thing and then two days later they are on the next best greatest thing that is very similar to the first.

One of the things that I love about Sean is that he walks his talk. He teaches and coaches on doing a weekly call, and he does that. He trains that you should email every day, and he does that. There are very few marketers out there who actually DO what they TELL others to do. For example, the ones pushing the social media latest and greatest software talk about how dead email marketing is, and yet they promote via email marketing, and that is how they make their money – with their email lists.

I think you are in the right place, as we all are. Sean has been around a long time and has been a prolific product creator simply because he has learned a lot, and been committed to doing what he tells others to do. In a sea of people who put out half-baked products and who are always selling in their emails while offering no value, Sean stands out as one of the good guys.

Diana Frame
    Participant

I certainly feel like I have come to the right place! Willie, I (like others here) have struggled trying to make “something” happen! I have purchased too much and done too little with it. I think accountability is one of my biggest problems. That and the fact that I’m always wondering if what I’m doing is the “right” thing or if I’m just wasting my time. That self-doubt results in total inaction. I hope I’ve put myself on the right path with Sean’s coaching! I look forward to being a part of this community and watching us all grow and succeed beyond our wildest dreams!

And, Joe, you’re right — I need to focus, focus, focus!

Bob Moore
    Participant

Hi Willie,

What I learned quite a while ago was that there is no magic bullet and you have to put in the work. Sean will be a great teacher for you. I know it sounds like a cliche, but you really do need to just take action.

I’m getting to that point in my IM career right now. It’s taken me a long time to realize that I need to quit keep watching tutorial videos and actually do something. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be furthering your IM education. You absolutely should. But what I learned the hard way is learning doesn’t mean earning.

It’s okay to keep watching those tutorials, but if you don’t do anything, nothing is going to change. Take it from me. I think I’ve watched a billion hours of tutorials. It’s time to put them into action.

Follow Sean’s teaching, follow the advice of the people here, take action, and you’ll be on the right road. I’m getting there myself. We all are.

You’ve got a great support group here. Use it. Share what you’re doing just as I’ll share what I’m doing.

All the best,
    Bob

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

“Learning isn’t earning” is a good reminder, Bob.

So is … “No earning without learning” What a conundrum.

Susan Parnaby
    Participant

Why do people sell stuff in the IM market?
    They know there are hungry customers willing to spend money.

Seriously it is no different to chocolate or sweet sugary foods. People have a desire so other people are willing to sell to them. There was a time when I struggled to work out what to eat as so many things made me feel ill. The list included fish, red meat, dairy, lentils, cauliflower, mushrooms and chocolate.

It was a nightmare going shopping. With that list I would find there was very little that I could eat. I would walk into some shops that were designed to serve the low income market and the first 20 feet of aisle space was chocolate and sweets. There was one shop that felt like a war zone. They were trying to sell all sorts of things that would not do me good and it actually felt oppressive walking into the store. Other shops were not so bad but the war and battle analogy is one that works very well in the retail business. We will put this here and that there so that people will be more likely to buy what we want them to buy. We will tell those who don’t care what they spend but want a product that seems higher quality that this higher priced one is better than that one when in reality there is very little difference between.

Two things have happened since the darkest days of that struggle. One is I have got used to the limitations. I know to look at the ingredients of a vegetarian burger to see if there is any soy, cauliflower or tomato in it. This is more common than you would think. I know that there are parts of the supermarket that it is simply not worth my while looking for something I can eat. I go to the free from section rather than the dairy section for example.

The other is that once I got used to the severe restrictions my digestion healed enough so that I could eat the occasional item that I previously eliminated from my diet. I do have chicken and pickle sandwiches these days as long as I don’t overdo the pickle I am fine. But I don’t put vinegar on my oven chips.

If you are on a see food and eat it diet then you will end up eating what is not good for you. That is exactly what the food retailers want. They want to sell food. Given the various food scandals that pop up here there and everywhere there are times when it is obvious that their definition of what is fit to eat is somewhat dubious at times.

The IM world is no different. We gorge ourselves on everything to start with then when we get sick we either abandon the whole idea of find a diet that suits us. The tricky bit is finding the right diet for us. There also the occasional scandal as one of the people who I followed online in the early days has since spent time in jail after lying on a loan application. The charges were unrelated to their online activities but it showed a definite character flaw. You think you can trust people but then something happens and you question their integrity.

Susan

God's Lily is "a voice for those frustrated by the slow progress towards a fair society where the needs of the weakest are met in a way that it strengthens them rather than weakens them further" . If that includes you then hop on over and have a look around. If you like what you see it would be a good idea to sign up to receive our blog broadcasts. Oh and you will get a couple of pdf files that explain the what and why behind the site when

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

I’m seeing some great wisdom in this thread!

so my question to you, Willie, is this:

Are you willing to STOP chasing shiny objects and 100% commit to doing whatever it takes to building a REAL business instead of constantly looking for magic bullets?

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

Sean that’s the million dollar question.

I had shiny object syndrome so bad that went into my emails and unsubscribed from any list that did not add value.

Now my inboxes are clutter free and less distracting.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Here’s an article for you, Willie.

If you do what it says, then you’ll never be troubled by BSOs again.

How to Defeat the Bright Shiny Object Syndrome

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar