Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends? Reply To: Can you be successful and still have time for family and friends?

Scott Hogue
Participant

I haven’t had a job in 20 years. I work of course, but not in a job. I think it is funny that my friends and much of my family think I am retired. “Scott doesn’t have a job, he can do it…”

So in my case my time is more flexible. My friends and most of my family don’t know that I may be doing taxes at midnight or updating a website with a new offer before everyone is out of bed in the morning. On the other hand, I can work it out so I am free to pick up my grandson from school or take the grandchildren to a doctor when needed. The rest of the family are paid by the hour and for certain hours. I am paid for results no matter how I get them.

Most of my businesses are offline, but work is work. If anything, I have more flexibility in my online business. I can change a website at 1 am, but I can’t work in my food service business when clients are closed and I am not likely to book a coaching client for 1 am their local time.

I would say like most businesses, that you work hard at first and a lot of hours to start it and then the maintenance is much easier.

Keep an eye on productivity and efficiency. If you don’t watch it you get caught up in busy work. Kind of like how clutter fills the house if you don’t spring clean from time to time.

I stop sometimes and ask if what I am doing has a real pay back, will it advance my goals or is it just busy work?

Like writing this right now…

best,
Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

2 users thanked author for this post.
Skip to toolbar