Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Your advice for all those who have made $0 online:

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Your advice for all those who have made $0 online: Reply To: Your advice for all those who have made $0 online:

Suzanne Sukhram
Participant

Affiliate marketing can be easy in some ways, but when there is a high payment threshold, and you stand to lose commissions if you don’t meet that threshold by a certain time, that can be difficult.

The way that I have made most of my money this year has been by writing and editing and helping to produce booklets from transcripts of training videos. My clients have come to me organically – one person I just happened to ask if she needed help, and she did. Another reached out to me because she needed an editor for her book, and I am known to be the grammar police, lol. Another person I was helping and she decided to contract me to help with writing (ghostwriting, actually). I do have another business, but that is more oriented around people and marketing and with my health concerns this year the writing has just been easier.

When people are getting started online, freelancing in a service is often the easiest thing to make money. I would make a long list of the things you’re good at and then choose one or two to pursue to earn some money. Once you’ve done it, then your confidence will increase and then it will be easier and easier to start marketing yourself.

Hope this helps!

Skip to toolbar