Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Reply To: Hi Everyone,

Home Page Forums Meet Each Other Hi Everyone, Reply To: Hi Everyone,


Bruce Hoag

Welcome Norf.

Do you live in Italy?

Time is the one thing that few of us think there is enough of.

All that stuff you hear about how everyone has the same amount of time is baloney.

That’s because not everyone has the same amount of discretionary time; and that’s what matters.

Have you ever heard of Pareto’s Law, often referred to as the Pareto Principle?

In a nutshell, it says that you get 80% of your results from 20% of your effort.

Once you become aware of it, you’ll see it everywhere.

That 80/20 ratio can be applied to anything ad infinitum.

So let’s apply it to your workweek.

If you work 40 hours per week, then 20% of it is 8 hours.

That means that you accomplish 80% of what you’ll do all week in one day.

And then you’ll spend 80% of your time doing the other 20%. In other words, you’ll spend four days per week on just 20% of your results.

Let’s take that a step further.

You’ll spend 4% of your time, or a little over an hour and a half on 64% of what you achieve, and 96% of your time on just 36% of what you accomplish all week.

One more step.

You’ll spend approximately 1% of your time on accomplishing more than half of what you do in a week, and 99% of your time on accomplishing LESS than half of what you do.

That may sound crazy, but when you look back over your week and pinpoint the amount of time you actually spent on your work, you’ll find that it’s surprisingly accurate.

So, if you knew that you only had two hours per day, four days per week to work on your business, what would you focus on?

And what would you leave out?

We all waste so much time, and we do so for what we think are all the right reasons.

Think about these ratios, and then get really focused on what matters most.

Bruce Hoag PhD
The Internet Marketing Psychologist
The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Skip to toolbar