Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Bogged Down In "Mechanics"

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Bogged Down In "Mechanics"

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Diana Frame
    Participant

I have a couple of niche sites I’m working on and I always tend to get bogged down in the “mechanics” of how things work.

I have a ton of PLR content for these sites. I rewrite some of it and use it as blog posts but then I don’t really have a good plan for the rest of the content I have.

How can I best use the rest of my content to drive traffic to my sites?

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Author
    Replies

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Diane, You could use it to create a free ebook, checklist or similar so you can give it away and build a list. You could then use further as part of the value you give in your emails.

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

1 user thanked author for this post.

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Diana,

How about breaking some of your PLR content down and re-purposing it into video. No need to show your face if you don’t want to. Just narrate over slides, or hire someone from Fiverr…or even this community. Or just record audio segments. Or turn the PLR into cheat sheets (for busy people who don’t have time to read 10,000 word giveaways) to use as Leads Magnets.

I’m a non tech person myself, but there is so much expertise within this community, that you can always ask for tips or trainings that others on here recommend. There is a lot of excellent, free advice out there. And if you are unsure about the advice, you find, run it past us in here. We are all here to help each other.

Also you will find a YouTube instructional video on just about any technical skill you can possibly imagine. People often forget that while they are watching cute cat videos, and it’s all free. I personally subscribe to around 30 channels, run by people who know what they are talking about and give away there time and expertise for nothing…nada. Look up “Best ways to re-purpose PLR” on Google or YouTube and then subscribe to those who best answer your question/s.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

hmm . . curious question here . . do you feel like you *have* to use the plr because you bought it at some time . . .even if it’s not convenient?

is it possible you’d be better off just creating fresh content when you need it . . and focus on other parts of the business, rather than repurposing content ?

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Bob Moore
    Participant

Just to throw in a few more ideas here: What about creating a newsletter that you can send to your subscribers or to attract new leads? Also, you could use it as email content, or perhaps you could create a physical product (a home study course and sell it that way).

I agree with Sean, though. If you have to re-purpose it, let someone else do it and focus on other areas of your business.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Diana, you have to repurpose your content.

That means you have to put it into as many different forms as you can.

You could create a presentation and upload it to SlideShare.

You could take the same slides and narrate them, and then save them as MP4, and upload them to YouTube.

You could put all your posts on Mention. Google won’t penalize you for duplicate content. Don’t know why, but Mention is a newcomer that I’ve seen recommended by places like CopyBlogger.

You also need quantity.

There seems to be quite a number of people who think that if they write one article, that that’s enough to bring in a flood of visitors.

You need a minimum of 50 high quality posts just to get noticed.

And hey: I’m preaching to myself here, too. 🙂

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Dana Cassell
    Participant

Diana, what if you researched what questions your target audiences are asking (as Sean has taught), then as you go about answering a question – either via a text blog post or a video or infographic etc – skim through your PLR resources to see what you can use from them to make your answer more complete than your people could find in one place elsewhere?

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Great idea, Dana!

Bruce Hoag PhD

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Love the advise here I too have a lot of plr and now I have more idea on how to use it. Love these discussions going through the answer even if you didn’t ask the question is amazing 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Diana Frame
    Participant

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have not yet built a list from these niche sites (which I know I need to get busy on!) I know I have plenty of material to build lead magnets, I just need to start getting more content published in places that will bring people to my sites and hopefully to sign up for my lists.

This is where I typically have a problem. I can start a blog, write content for it, set up an autoresponder, etc. It’s getting people to come to the blog that I have had problems with.

Thanks again for everyone’s input.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

My advice:

do the part you know how to do

when you get to the part you don’t know how to do, often it just becomes obvious . . but until you do the first parts, you can’t see what you can’t see . .

It’s kind of like doing a jigsaw puzzle . .

sometimes you have to put the pieces together that are easy, then work around the edges and do the next round of pieces, and then the next round of pieces . . .

like doing a crossword puzzle or a sudoku . . you can’t do some words or guesses without doing the first ones.

Building your business is the same way – you don’t know how to do what’s next until you do what’s first.

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I can certainly attest to that.

The reason may be something to do with the fact that you can only hold a limited number of items in your conscious mind, and until you remove that clutter, you can’t see what needs to come next.

But guess what?

You’re going to have to do what you know about right now anyway, so why not do it?

And then when you run out of things to do (ha, ha) you can think about what you should be doing. 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar