Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Content syndication

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Content syndication

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Madhushan M
    Participant

Has anyone had any success with content syndication? If so, how did you go about it? Which websites should I post. I currently use Medium, linked in, facebook, soundcloud and youtube. But since I have been there for less than a month, I don’t get so much traffic or SEO benefits. Do you think I should keep this going and my traffic will eventually increase, or is there a strategy I am missing out on, or should I abandon this?

Have you never made money online before? Watch this video now.
    Struggling to succeed online? Read Internet Marketing tips, case studies and interviews of people who have succeeded online.

• Author
    Replies

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

All of us need to do more of what you’ve suggested, Madhushan.

But you’ve pinpointed the problem yourself.

You’ve been doing it for less than a month.

Keep on doing what you’re doing for six months, and then think about how much traffic you’re getting.

It’s too early right now to expect the kind of results that you’re looking for.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

1 user thanked author for this post.

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I agree with Bruce a month is not long enough to determine if it is working.

Besides content syndication are you also actively back linking.

If your business can be portrayed with images, I would use Instagram and/Pinterest.

Pinterest has a lot of features that force your content to go viral.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Virality comes from shareability.

What matters is the content, not the platform.

Any platform can have content that goes viral, but it’s not the platform that makes it so.

I know that a lot is made of backlinks.

To me, most people get this backwards.

Backlinks come as a result of quality content.

Trying to get them without widely promoting quality content is like trying to lose weight without following a diet; or trying to get in shape by reading about it.

Bruce Hoag PhD

2 users thanked author for this post.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bruce,

you’ve hit the nail on the head about content syndication – it takes time and is hard work!

I remember my first 3 months posting at ezinearticles.com and I had written maybe 450-500 articles in 3 months, and I was STILL only making about $6 hour for my time!

I seriously considered quitting.

It was January, my 6th month in, with about 1000 articles before I got to where my results where making me a living . . . at that time, I finally got to where I was getting maybe 500 subscribers a month, working 160 hours a month, and my first month at $5000+ in revenue . . .

But the articles weren’t the only thing, I was sending article traffic to my squeeze page, which got folks on my list, which got them my daily email, which led them to buy one of my 4-5 products I had created by January.

Sean

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

2 users thanked author for this post.

Madhushan M
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification everyone. This has inspired me to keep going. I will do it for 6 months and keep my results posted every month.

Have you never made money online before? Watch this video now.
    Struggling to succeed online? Read Internet Marketing tips, case studies and interviews of people who have succeeded online.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

This is only a suggestion, but I recommend that you track progress yourself, and then give us a summary of the results at the end of six months.

Two reasons.

One is that I don’t want you to become obsessed by them. Six months is just the start.

Second reason is that six months of results presented as a month-to-month report will make more sense to us than if you tell us what happened one month, and then 30 days later what happened that month, and so on.

There will be many more comments on your posts from one month to the next, and your results will get fragmented and lost in the conversations.

If you report it altogether, then that won’t happen.

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar