Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Facebook Live

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Facebook Live

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

About a month ago, I had the opportunity to be “showcased” in a Facebook group.

It had to be cancelled because the person who was conducting it assumed that I knew how to connect to Facebook Live, and I assumed that she’d tell me what to do.

I’ve looked on YouTube for some answers, but haven’t found anything. All the clips seem to be about how to conduct it; not what the interviewee has to do.

The offer to be showcased is still there.

Can you explain to me how FB Live works, and what I need to do at my end?

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

• Author
    Replies

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

I have no idea what-so-ever. But I am sure the techies within our group will be able to help you out.

And maybe you have already done this, …but can’t you reach out to the woman and ask her?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

Bruce most of the work must be done by the presenter. You simply select accept or go live after the presenter invites you.

My wife and I do this sometimes just talking to family and friends.

I’ll give you both sides so you can inform the presenter.

Presenter: Facebook profile page, click on post, menu will pop up, select go live.

Presenter: must enter description of live event (Presenter should select landscape mode, so presenter and interviewee have a 50/50 split screen).

Presenter: Click go live

Presenter can not add guest until they go live and the guest must be watching the live stream

Presenter: To select a guest swipe right, click on eyeball at the top of the page or click on their comment.

Presenter: Select the person you want to invite, choose invite.

Interviewee: will receive a notification that they have been invited to a live stream.

Interviewee:. Accept or Decline, then click on go live button.

Interviewee: Will not be joined into the live stream until you match the presenters screen orientation, Turn your phone as necessary.

Presenter or interviewee can click on X to exit live stream.

Presenter’s and interviewee’s followers will be notified of live stream.

As I said earlier pretty much everything is done by presenter.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

This is great, Malik.

The lady was trying to tell me that I had to use my cell phone to get the video to work. I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t work via the computer.

I’ll revisit your reply on Monday, when I’m more awake.

Thanks again!

Bruce Hoag PhD

Leslie Leftley
      Participant

Hi Bruce,

It looks like Malik has stepped up to the plate. This group really is a treasure trove.

However, if someone has approached you, presumably for the benefit of you both, then if they are not forthcoming in helping you to make it work they might not be as serious as you in wanting to make it happen.

You certainly wanted to make it work, because you went out of your way to find out for yourself.

We all have to start somewhere and technical hurdles are all around us. Luckily for us, in PreneurPal, we have a resource that will save us a lot of valuable time and angst.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Donna Merrill
      Participant

So, Malik, if you do FB Live for business (a great way to go), keep this in mind…

If you’re doing a live talk, you have an audience, right?

Maybe general, maybe your friends, maybe a FB page you’re broadcasting on etc.

Now, if you Invite guests to share your screen and have a little discussion on your topic, your Guest’s friends are immediately notified by FB that they are now talking live at a FB LIVE event.

If you invite 3 different people to “step up to the camera”, just for an example… you get all 3 of their followings to be notified that their guy is LIVE.

This can really increase your live audience, especially if you’re talking with folks with a significant (and TARGETED) audience.

I use the number “3” only as an example. It can be 1 or 10 or any number. Even if you chat with someone for a minute or 2, you pick up their audience in addition to yours 🙂

Post-production, if you want to grab the replay link, you can post it and tag anyone, including of course, someone who had been a live guest… tell their followers “Thanks to @so-and-so who told us about xyz during this recent live event… link”

4 users thanked author for this post.

Leslie Leftley
      Participant

Hi Donna,

It seems you are the Go to person for advice on Live FB streaming. I have never really considered this as I prefer Youtube and may look at Google hangouts. Plus I didn’t know you had to have an iPhone to take an active part in a FB live stream.

Surely FB are missing a trick if one can’t do the same thing as an iPhone during a FB live stream? After all, android smart phones do make up the majority of the mobile devices we own in the West.

Do you know if FB will be expanding to include all mobile devices in the near future?

Maybe that last question is unfair as you did say in an earlier comment that things with FB can change really quickly.

Yvonne A Jones
      Participant

Thank you, Malik. I’ve done my own FB Lives with little issues. I’ve been a guest,
      but had no idea what the Presenter did. Thanks for explaining.

My last Presenter also used a third-party software; don’t recall the name at the moment.
      Would have to go back to my emails to see what it is. That’s where I logged in rather
      than joining her live stream, yet we were live on FB.

Are you ready to leverage client relationships and grow your business quickly?
      Download your Free Guide, "Relationship Marketing: Key to Small Business Success" at www.YvonneAJones.com/smallbizsuccess

Donna Merrill
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

Malik gives you a great rundown of how it works.

PS: I’m in the process of publishing a course on FB Live training, particularly gear toward making it profitable… so I have a fair idea of how this works.

Now, I’ll add a pinch to what Malik instructs.

First, you do need to be on your iPhone (when I say things like this I always have to disclaim… this stuff changes every single day… it’s truly a work in progress and FB is always tooling with it).

You can watch a FB Live from your computer, but the only way the Presenter can Invite anyone (ie., you) is if you are on iPhone. Otherwise, you wont’ pop up for them to see you as “in attendance” so they can’t invite you.

I’ve done several FB Live interviews, and I always tell my guests to simply jump onto their iPhone, when I see them in attendance, I’ll click on the Invite Guest option and voila… we are live on split screen.

Here’s one I did so you can see what it looks like… https://youtu.be/SMT5iaRU3Fg

https://youtu.be/SMT5iaRU3Fg

Also… if you don’t have an iPhone, ask the interviewer if he/she can do it on YouTube HOA (hangouts on air).

It’s a great alternative and very easy, just different set of “how to” steps (of course) 🙂

5 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I have an iPhone, but I deleted the Facebook app because it used up too much bandwidth. I still have Messenger on the phone though.

Do you have to have the app to make it work?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Donna Merrill
      Participant

Yes, Bruce.

You need to download the FB app.

Without the app you can’t access FB, including FB Live.

Again, anybody can WATCH FB live right from their computer, but you can’t be invited into a 2-way convo unless you’re on your iphone with app.

That will change, I’m sure, but it’s the way things are right now.

The latest guidelines from FB are here… https://www.facebook.com/help/mentions/1168124233259553

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yvonne A Jones
      Participant

Donna,

I’m not a techie at all. You mention that the iphone has to be used.
      I was interviewed from my computer, but what apparently made the difference
      is the 3rd party the Presenter used. Good to know.

Thanks,
      Yvonne

Are you ready to leverage client relationships and grow your business quickly?
      Download your Free Guide, "Relationship Marketing: Key to Small Business Success" at www.YvonneAJones.com/smallbizsuccess

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

This thread could perhaps be a tutorial on how to use facebook live!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bruce

it sounds like you want to use FB live, so my recommendation would to be reinstall the app, then try your first FB live . . you could invite folks here to be a part!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

When I move, and that should be soon, I’m expecting to get a high speed connection; and that’s when I’ll reinstall the app and go for the showcase.

Right now, on a good day, I get a download speed of 5-6 MBps. Upload is less than 1 MB.

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar