Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Feedback Requested on New Ebook for Lead Magnet

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Feedback Requested on New Ebook for Lead Magnet

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Leslie Leftley 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Kristin VanTilburg
    Participant

Hi All!
    Well, I tried to upload a pdf of the ebook but got a message that the file is too big.

Here is a link:
    http://www.strategicsuccessmindset.org/Money%20Magnetics%20Nov.pdf

I would be so grateful for any comments, suggestions, criticism, or other feedback on a new ebook I am preparing to act as a lead magnet.

Thanks,
    Kristin

Kristin van Tilburg
    Stressed out? Overwhelmed?
    Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!
    www.StrategicSuccessMindset.com

• Author
    Replies

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Feedback

Kristin … good job.

A couple of observations:

In the table of contents, everything is on one line … but for one line. You have it like this: TIP #5: Keep Watching: Opportunities Come When You Least Expect Them.

Visual appeal would be enhanced if you’d keep that to one line, like the rest. This might do it: TIP #5: Keep Watching: Opportunities Come When Least Expected

One more thing: All red in the body seems too much for me. I’d try keeping the red in the headlines, but using black text in the body.

Wishing you great success!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Kristin,
    Very interesting I enjoyed reading this 🙂
    A couple of things that would make it even better. The red is really hard on your eyes and many people associate it with something wrong (ie at school red is incorrect or accounting red is in debt) I recommend changing it to black.
    Also your content page does not have page numbers and you can’t click on entries to go to the page. Visually a few motivational images would help readers if they are visual learners as this will help them feel good about filling in the information.
    Another recommendation is to have a disclaimer copyright page at beginning especially as you are talking about money.

These are all little things that can be changed easily and will enhance the value of your great information 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Kristin VanTilburg
      Participant

Thank you, Don and Tina for some very helpful suggestions! I will implement immediately!

Kristin van Tilburg
      Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!

Tina Fletcher
      Participant

Your welcome 🙂 anytime!

All things Digital
      For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
      For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

The easiest way to upload large files is to do it via your server.

If you don’t know what to do, then contact tech support at your host.

It’s what I’ve done, and I’ve had to do it more than once to get the hang of it.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Hi Kristin,

You need to change the font color. Dark blue would be better, if you don’t like black.

Five percent of men are color-blind. I know this because my father was.

He used to tell me that red looked gray.

So gray words on a white background would be almost unreadable.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Kristin

you can make that a live link by clicking on the link button in the toolbar above 🙂

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Kristin,
    The format looks great. I like the workbook-type style, I think that adds value. the reader will want to actually use it and give it some thought. (I’m trying to create a workbook, and for some reason it seems very intimidating to me to do so, even though it’s supposed to be easy…You just made it look fairly easy!)

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Jen, the easiest way to write any book is to outline it first.

Doesn’t have to look like the outlines they taught you in school.

List the main things you want to talk about.

Rearrange them if you need to.

Then start adding ideas under each one.

Keep adding ideas until you’ve said what you think you should.

Then clean up the grammar and string it altogether.

Bruce Hoag PhD

2 users thanked author for this post.

Thanks Bruce,
      I’ve basically used that exact method to write my ebook (which is, for all intents and purposes, done).
      I literally made an outline of ideas and then just started filling them in.

The workbook though seems…somehow different, to me. More intimidating. I’m not sure why. Seems like “cheating” to put all those lines and call it a book, I guess? LOL.

I also need to figure out how to overlap the info I put in the ebook, without repeating it all. I want the user to be able to read it as a stand-alone product, but it will also compliment the ebook if someone purchased it – if that makes any sense.

This will be a workbook I want to use as part of a funnel, but also sell separately on Amazon or some other platform…so I feel the burden of creating quality content if I’m putting a price tag on it.

I don’t want to hijack Kristin’s topic though, LOL…I’m not even working on the workbook, quite yet. But trust me, once I am, I will need plenty of guidance, I’m sure!

I Use Reviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I know what you mean about a book with a few sentences and a lot of lines.

Personally, I’m put off by them. I feel like I’m buying a pad of paper. LOL

That said, there are other ways to create a workbook.

You could, for example, tell a story that illustrates the point you’re trying to make, and then tell people to take out a sheet of paper, or their tablet, or computer and then write down their ideas to . . . – and then list your questions.

Then the workbook becomes a kind of supplement to the main book and, in fact, you could market it as such.

You could create it in a diary form: one small daily task. Think of the little books you’ve seen with pithy comments, a thought for the day, and a question.

You could append the workbook content at the end of each chapter in your ebook, and then charge more for it, but less than if people bought the two separately. Then, in the product description, you could spell out the differences between the two.

Some people will prefer to have it all in one. Others will opt to have them separate.

What do you think?

Bruce Hoag PhD

2 users thanked author for this post.

Some great ideas there, Bruce! It sounds like you understand my concept…include points from the main book, without taking away from the main book, thereby making it unnecessary to read it.

This definitely gives me some food for thought.

I had not thought of incorporating it as part of the ebook, but I like that idea – the “enhanced version,” if you will.

For now, though, I am going to focus on getting the funnel going and add that later. Because knowing myself, if I start trying to chop up my ebook and add the workbook components right now, that may turn into my new excuse to keep the product from going to market, LOL

I envision my initial funnel as: Free report -> ebook -> upsell to course -> upsell to group coaching -> upsell to 1:1 coaching.
      Luckily, I think the workbook component can be easily added into the funnel afterward, once it’s created.

You’ve definitely given me some great concepts to explore when I do make the workbook, though! (And I don’t mean months or years down the road…I am thinking in a matter of weeks I’ll be prepared to discuss and create the workbook. I keep thinking of that saying “money loves speed”…I’ll chew on ideas forever, but am trying to act more quickly in this case so I don’t hold myself up by being an ‘imperfect perfectionist’ and never actually getting it launched!)

I Use Reviews

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

Hi Kristin,

I think it looks great and I like the red, especially for the cover page.
    You might want to change the main text to a neutral color to make it easier to read.

Also, are you creating your content in Word then exporting as a PDF?
    If so you can automatically create an anchored Table of Contents.
    (A quick google search will give you those steps)

You can do a similar thing in Open Office.

I also like the way you prompt them and give them the space to implements what you are teaching.
    Makes it much more consumable.

Have You Been Struggling, Thinking You Don't Have Enough Time To Build Your Business???
    What if "Not Having Enough Time" Was A Thing of The Past?

If You're Ready For a WHOLE NEW WAY of Thinking About Your "Available Time" Click
    ThisChangesTheGame.com and start finding the time you need to get your business off the ground, even if you time is limited.

JuliaRotgers.com

Kristin VanTilburg
      Participant

Thanks for your using your valuable time to give me some helpful feedback, Julia! I will check out your suggestions!

Kristin van Tilburg

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Kristin, great job! I love the format and the way you’ve laid out the content.

Did you choose the red color because it is a signature color for you? If not, think about using Green as a highlight color, since green is associated with money. For example, use green for Money on the cover page to make it pop. Then you could also use green to highlight the tip #s in the TOC, and the chapter headings.

Have you thought about making short YouTube videos for each of the tips? Then you could offer short suggestions about how to implement, a “mini-coaching” opportunity, and link each video to the book. I think that could increase the value to you and to the reader. You can also share the link to the final product or to a website with the sales page.

The red doesn’t bother me, but since it seems to be an issue for some readers, I’d go with black, because you don’t want to give anyone a reason to avoid using the book.

Let me know when it’s released and I’ll help you promote it on social media.

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Kristen,

I did comment on your actual lead magnet, a couple of days ago. It was on another, thread started by you. I haven’t looked at your copy yet, but my thoughts about the “Money Magnet” title itself till stand if you wish to re-visit the aforementioned thread:)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar