Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

How do you feel about PLR?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything How do you feel about PLR?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Joe Martin
    Participant

What is your opinion on creating and or purchasing PLR?

• Author
    Replies

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Plenty of folks do well with it, Joe. It’s up to your own disposition.

Using PLR … I’m not so keen on. Selling it … that can work for the right person and niche.

Dana Cassell
    Participant

I’ve not created any PLR; have thought about it, but it is another business and realize I already have more of those than I need! I have purchased my share – the really good PLR (solid, with specific information and not general topic coverage that can be found in any Google search) can be good enough to offer it mostly as is, with minor tailoring, inside a membership site where members are seeking that information. But in order to sell PLR as a book or info product, you really need to add a lot of new information, opinions, examples – in order to offer something different plus not tick off buyers who find what they just paid for elsewhere for free or nearly free. And as a professional writer, I find that can take more effort and time than starting from scratch. But the non-writer may find it useful to have a good starting place.

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

Kristin VanTilburg
    Participant

I think it is a little like gambling. A lot of it is not worth anything, and despite what vendors guarantee, you can’t always get your money back.

I have used it as a content creation tool, and I think it can be very valuable for that purpose when you are a solopreneur.

Kristin van Tilburg
    Stressed out? Overwhelmed?
    Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!
    www.StrategicSuccessMindset.com

Joe Martin
    Participant

Thanks for the input everyone.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

It seems to me that the only time PLR is offered is after the original author has sold the living daylights out of the product already.

Then when he / she can no longer make many sales from it, as a last gasp, it’s offered to anyone who will take it.

On those rare occasions when PLR materials do seem to have some value remaining, I’ve noticed that much of it is out of date.

So really, in my opinion, you’re better off putting the time in to create your own evergreen material.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Not exactly PLR, but if you want high quality content, see if you can do an info exchange with someone in your industry who is not a competitor but would still have info your community would value. Or if you see something that you think would be a “good starting point” for a longer article or info product, contact the author and see if you can co-author it.

Bob Moore
    Participant

Personally, I love PLR. I have tons of it, just as I’m sure most of us do. The key, however, (at least as far as I’ve discovered) is to change it up and/or re-purpose it. If it’s an article/ebook, make an audio. If it’s an audio, make it a video. Perhaps you could put it on a disc and sell it as a physical product. The key is to make it different. Too many people buy products, just put their names on them, and wonder why they don’t make any money. PLR can work if you use it correctly.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Elaine Guinn
    Participant

As a writer, I find PLR from reputable sources to be very helpful, especially to spur ideas for content creation for my niche.

I particularly like some of the checklists, mindmaps, videos, slides, and royalty-free images from some PLR vendors. They are handy when I am under a publication deadline.

I also have been experimenting with re-purposing some of the material I’ve created and offering it to my list as PLR. As long as I give them the tools to effectively use it, they seem to love it… and are currently asking for more.

While I rewrite all of the PLR I buy to inject my own voice, add research and references and combine with other information of interest to my niche, I have no patience with PLR merchants who offer poorly written or out-of-date material. If the PLR is not high-quality, I’ll never use their products again. I stick to just a few PLR vendors that produce superior products.

Hope that helps.
    Elaine

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

It really depends on the vendor. I have bought PLR that even with great writing skills, I cannot make into anything useful. Then there is PLR from sellers who I barely have to touch if I don’t want to. Even with the latter type, I will tend to lightly rewrite just to add my own “flavor” (or flavour for those who use British English 😉 ).

The one thing that I have heard often is that you should change the graphics and the name of it. This makes sense on one hand, but on another, it can be disheartening to find out that the PLR you just bought is almost the same, or the same, as something you already had. There is one seller who I have seen who identifies the PLR she has gotten for resale from other vendors, and advises would-be buyers to check to make sure they don’t already have it.

As a writer, though, even though I have a lot of PLR, I often find it just as easy (or easier) to write from scratch. It’s weird, but true.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Bob & Elaine – your insights are valuable. Must admit I never thought of PLR like this.

Having said that, the stuff I’ve seen . . .

Bruce Hoag PhD

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi I also use PLR, but I always rewrite it and use it as an outline and research. It can help you write something quicker if you are using good PLR content.
    Some good people/business for PLR are Tiffany Lambert http://www.tiffanylambert.com and Ron and Alice https://www.elitewriterslab.com if anyone wants more I can go through my list if needed.

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I also use plr. There are places where you can buy plr that has not been over sold. The providers I am referring to only sell a predetermined amount, which will be addressed in the sales page for a predetermined time frame. This type of plr is very expensive (this is the kind the gurus use to build their products), I am not a buyer at this price, so I wait for the relaunch.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Good strategy, Malik.

I’m surprised to hear that there are people who find something that others want to buy at full price, and don’t keep selling it to them until the product life cycle peaks.

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar