Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

How many hours of undistracted time did you spend on your business this week?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything How many hours of undistracted time did you spend on your business this week?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

One of the features of this forum (soon to be released) is accountability.

We’ll be forming up into smaller groups, and then “holding one another’s feet to the fire.”

So, by way of a little practice, here’s something to think about.

Everyone’s target will be different. We’re not going to compare you with someone else.

Instead, compare yourself with yourself.

Ready?

Of the number of hours you intended to work on your business this past week, how much time did you actually spend on it. (Time on BSOs doesn’t count.)

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies

Norma Allen
    Participant

great question!

Hi Bruce,

I have been working way less than I used to, but the exact number of hours is hard to say.

This is something I never really track. It’s a great idea, though. Thanks for the challenge.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

If it’s any consolation to you, I usually get overtaken by events.

Example. It’s nearly 11 pm on Saturday night.

When it got to be 9 pm, I thought, “I’ll just look through the hymns for tomorrow and pick out some stuff to play before and after both services.”

That took two hours; not 30 minutes.

(The regular organist sent me an email today to say that she might not feel well enough to play tomorrow.) 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD

Norma Allen
      Participant

I’m sure you’ll do a great job, Bruce. Happy music!

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

It went well.

The Lord was gracious.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I don’t use this app, Norma, but you might want to try RescueTime.

You tell it what you do online that’s good and what isn’t. Then it tracks your activity and gives you a report at the end of the week.

I know that I’m not spending the time the way I want to right now, and so there’s no point in tracking it.

Sean also recommends that for a week, you keep track of what you’ve been doing every 15 minutes or so.

I found this exercise tedious. It got in the way of my work. LOL

But it is worth keeping tabs on it because it can really get away from you.

If you find yourself coming to the end of the day and thinking, “I didn’t do much on the business,” then you’re probably a candidate for a little checking.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Kristin VanTilburg
    Participant

I’ve seen the term “BSO” here and figured it was probably business service offers or something like that. But not wanting to continue in ignorance I looked in wikipedia and found (LOL)

Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, the surgical removal of both ovaries and both fallopian tubes
    Barents Sea Opening, an gateway to the Arctic Ocean
    British School of Osteopathy, the United Kingdom’s oldest osteopathic institution
    Bismuth silicon oxide, a chemical compound that has bismuth, silicon, and oxygen
    Buthionine sulfoximine, a chemical substance inhibiting glutathione synthesis
    Brain Storm Optimization, a swarm intelligence algorithm
    Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Maryland, United States
    Beijing Symphony Orchestra, Beijing, China
    Berliner Sinfonie Orchester, Berlin, Germany
    Bloomington Symphony Orchestra (Minnesota), United States
    Bilkent Symphony Orchestra, Ankara, Turkey
    Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, England
    Boston Symphony Orchestra, Massachusetts, United States
    The Brian Setzer Orchestra, a United States band of the late 1990s swing revival
    Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Poole, Dorset, England

and lots more, but not anything in the internet marketing world…

So please set me straight!

Does meditation and prayer count as working in the business?
    Does sleeping count? If I don’t sleep I am no good to the business…
    Does time in PreneurPal count?

I don’t ask to be a wiseguy…I just wonder for myself what counts in my own mind…when have I done enough?
    Quality of life is so important to me.
    The whole conversation about working hard this week has me thinking about these issues…

Thanks Bruce!

Kristin van Tilburg
    Stressed out? Overwhelmed?
    Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!
    www.StrategicSuccessMindset.com

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

If there was a laughing emoji, Kristin, I’d give you one.

BSO stands for Bright Shiny Object, and most people are attracted to them in one form or another.

Some people buy shoes or clothes.

Some buy domain names.

IM-ers tend to buy all manner of online products: courses, trainings, videos, etc.

And so my comment about spending time on your business, and not BSOs, was so that those who are predisposed to do that wouldn’t think that, having bought another one or two or ten, that that constituted real work.

It would be nice to spend time with all those orchestras you mentioned, though. 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I planned on spending 25 hours this weekend on listing, evaluating, selling my domains, and working on a product launch.

I spent maybe 10 hours on these tasks. I spent most of this weekend helping a friend and Chuck E Cheese’s.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

I am working full time online so I spend anywhere from 30 – 50 hours per week. 30 is standard but sometimes 50 if doing a major product or launch.
    Last week I only did 15 hours as it was my twins graduation for high school and a lot of time was spent with them. That’s what I love about working for myself that I can have weeks like this.
    I still am working time versus money but I am changing over my business model so I can create move away from this.
    BTW I count answering in there as work related and usually come on in between tasks as a break before moving to next task 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar