Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Improve Your Chances of Freelance Success

Home Page Forums Members Helping Members Promote Your Landing Page Here Improve Your Chances of Freelance Success

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Eick-Jakiela 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Replies

Dana Cassell
    Participant

And here's an e-book on how to prosper as a freelance writer:

http://danasuggests.info/survival

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Bit of a disconnect on your squeeze page for me, Dana.

The button says something like, “Click here for link to free download.” But then instead of getting the link, I get a page that says “One more step.”

Bruce Hoag PhD
      The Internet Marketing Psychologist
      The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Dana Cassell
      Participant

Bruce, did you reach the download page? Because you are on the list, so it appears you may have made it there. If you do not have the ebook, I can send the download link – or email it to you. Redoing that whole landing page is on my to-do list.

Writers-Editors Network

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Yes. I got the download.

Skimmed it.

Realized that it was too good to skim, so I’ll have to go back and read it properly. LOL

Bruce Hoag PhD

Leslie Leftley
      Participant

Hi Dana,

Just read your download. While I am based in UK and not the US, I don’t suppose the situation with Content Mills is any better here either. And of course the Internet makes my location rather irrelevant.

I am not a freelance writer (For one thing I haven’t really written anything or had had anything published). But rather than enthusing me to become a Freelance professional writer the information download, you gifted to u,s proved invaluable in helping persuade me into creating a blog, so that I can write in my own style. I don’t really think I am cut out to cover so man, manyy bases as the freelancers appear to have to do.

Maybe in the future, it would be something to dip my toe into. But first I must establish a blog, a website, a membership site (with content and information products) and primarily learn about, and teach within, the Self development sphere. Rather that, than serving many masters, as a Freelance writer must inevitably do.

But a lot of what I read had crossovers into many other, online business ventures. You have to stay ahead of the curve and be ready to adapt to the ever changing face of the online business world for example.

You can’t sell yourself short. I personally hate the race to the bottom in so many areas of online business and selling.

Look for the niches with an overall category that, at first glance, does not seem to have anything to do with that category. (Such as the guy who wrote about the destinations that cruise ships sailed to, rather than the cruise experience itself. And yet it was the cruise company that paid him for it. So in a nutshell, travel the path less trodden).

Looking at those at the top of their game in your chosen activity. So, for me, the top Bloggers and Membership platform operators in Self development. Although I have to go down a few levels within that giant of a category to something more specific. Later I can expand into more markets within the same category.

Yes and my old bug bear social media. For the second time today I have been informed by recognized and experienced experts that in one way or another we all need it. For Promoting, marketing, advertising and finding more clients. I guess I shall have to accept Social media for what it can be for me and that it is another valuable tool in my box. (I still hate the mindless chit chat and me too BS though).

I could go on but it’s late here across the pond, but I will treasure the download as it is veritable goldmine of common sense, eminently usable ideas. Applicable to so many aspects of business, on and offline.

Huge thank to you Dana. And big thumbs up for all of your achievements within your chosen field.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Dana,
    I can give you some advise on the design and let someone else who is an expert on copy to talk about copy. Not sure what program you are using for landing page but can it be centered on the page? Make you heading bigger so that it has more of an impact as this is what capture peoples attention. Also make your book a 3d design, I did one using your book cover an have attached it for you. This should also help with the balance of book on left and copy on right. Simple fixes I hope they help 🙂

[attachment file=1594]

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Attachments:

Dana Cassell
      Participant

I appreciate your comments, Tina – and a total redo of the landing page and opt-in offer is on my lengthy to-do list. Just trying to get to everything 🙂

Writers-Editors Network

Norma Allen
    Participant

Thanks, Dana. I’m looking forward to seeing more content on your WordPress site.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Dana Cassell
      Participant

That’s also on my to-do list, Norma – trying to post regular blog posts; just keep running out of hours at the end of the day 🙂

Writers-Editors Network

1 user thanked author for this post.

Norma Allen
      Participant

I know what that’s like, Dana! It’s nice to have the group here as an encouragement, isn’t it?

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

You’re a writer, Dana, so I’m not going to suggest that you outsource that.

But what could you outsource so that you’d have the time to do your core work?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Dana,

Would love a read of the free download, but I was also sent to “One more Step” Page. However, I did not receive a confirmation email, as per the instructions on that page.( I am AOL by the way).

Nothing in SPAM, either!!

Any problems, your end, with communicating with AOL email accounts?

Thanks in advance

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi again Dana,

Forgive me. I eventually got the email and have now got the download, which I shall have a look at.

The email took around 40 minutes to arrive, but it finally got to me which is the important thing.

Thanks again for your generosity toward the group

Dana,
    I received the download with no problem. I am impressed with the newsletter itself, it looks fabulous! Can I ask what program you used to make it? (I have another affiliate project in mind that I want to make a similar such newsletter for.) Thanks!

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar