Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Online course platform question?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Online course platform question?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dana Cassell
    Participant

Has anyone used either Everlesson or Invanto to post an online ocurse – either free or paid? If so, I’d greatly appreciate your likes, dislikes, differences (if familiar with both).

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

• Author
    Replies

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Invanto

Dana, I own Invanto, but have yet to fire it up. A prolific friend, whose opinion I trust, tried several platforms and is using Invanto now. He says it’s (relatively) simple to set up and powerful. I know nothing about Everlesson.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Sorry Dana, I haven’t used either, what makes you drawn to those two and maybe if you are interested I can tell what else is out there. Is it personal experience or recommendation. 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Dana Cassell
      Participant

Tina, I own both – got in on early pricing, knowing I would be using one of them eventually. Have been following both from a distance and my actually putting up a few courses is moving closer to top of my to-do list. But I do not need both – and as they have recurring costs (Invanto relatively low monthly) and Everlesson upcoming annual for Pro edition), and seem to offer similar features/capabilities, I see no reason to continue with both. But hate to cancel the wrong one, as current costs are much higher. They each have active and very helpful FB groups, so I can ask specific questions in there as I get closer to setting something up – just figured if anyone in our Community had tried either they might have specific likes, dislikes, watch-outs, or “this” is really great for …

Writers-Editors Network

Tina Fletcher
      Participant

thanks for the reply that makes sense I will ask out in other groups I am in and see if I can get any answers for you.

All things Digital

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I may be showing my ignorance here, but why do you need either one?

Why not just create the lessons and upload them into your shopping cart or directly onto your server?

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Dana Cassell
    Participant

Bruce, for me, it’s mostly a matter of the technology and support being taken care of. Even using WordPress plugins, costs can mount up for several courses, individual lessons, student ability to track, awards, next level choices and monitoring, shopping cart, and so on. Easier, for me, to pay a lower, reasonable fee and have the back-end tech issues taken care of, and so on. There are tons of options out there – here’s just a sampler comparison: https://www.onlinecoursehow.com/online-course-platforms/best-online-course-platform-comparison/

Writers-Editors Network

Susan Parnaby
    Participant

The other reason they may be needed is to comply with European tax rules. About 3 years ago now I realised the impact of the Digital Services Regulations for VAT. I had presumed that those who earned less than the normal UK threashold would not have to do anything about VAT. Wrong they applied to everyone and were horrendously difficult to comply with.

There were two options.
    1/ Follow the official advice and use a third party selling platform. These platforms including those used to run courses were supposed to deal with the VAT on behalf of the sellers.
    2/ Do some legal tax evasion by making your product live and interactive so that you did not have to become a tax collector.

The total madness about this law is that everyone who sells something online is supposed to abide by it. Sell a downloadable file like a knitting pattern to someone who lives in the EU without it being live and interactive makes you liable to collect tax from your buyer and give it to the tax department of the country where your buyer lives. It also took a long time before some selling platforms, even big names like Infusionsoft, complied with European law.

The fuss has died down a bit now as both the EU and the local tax authorities have become somewhat more toleraant in applying the law because they realised the impact it is having on tiny online businesses. The intention, Brexit permitting, is to introduce a new set of regulations that do not have such a detrimental impact on nano-businesses in 2018.

They wanted to catch a few big fish like Amazon but instead killed or injured shoals of tiny fish they had not realised existed.

God's Lily is "a voice for those frustrated by the slow progress towards a fair society where the needs of the weakest are met in a way that it strengthens them rather than weakens them further" . If that includes you then hop on over and have a look around. If you like what you see it would be a good idea to sign up to receive our blog broadcasts. Oh and you will get a couple of pdf files that explain the what and why behind the site when

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I have never used either. I am using Google classroom to deliver my content. Each class holds up to 1,000 students.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Malik, I have never heard of Google Classroom I will check it out. Sound interesting

All things Digital

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Online course platforms

Today, I came across one called Thinkific. It’s among a list of platforms reviewed in Forbes.

Here’s another list that’s longer.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar