Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Partnering with writers

Home Page Forums Meet Each Other Partnering with writers

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I don’t know how what an optimum number of partners is, whether it’s only one or more than one.

In the first instance, I’d like to partner with another non-fiction writer, preferably someone who is earning a full-time income already.

If there’s scope to have a second partner, then I’d like to invite a non-fiction writer who is just starting or has a little experience.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

• Author
    Replies

Onofrio Fiorentino
    Participant

Hi Bruce – This may not be the best place to make this quick comment but I’ve had a bit of trouble navigating to the right place to thank you to your welcome message. (I hope I don’t mess up this thread) 🙂

Thanks for the detailed suggestion about the “80 – 20 rule”. I have been familiar with it and have used it a little, but I could be more disciplined and deliberate about it, so it is good to be reminded in detail about the application and benefits of it!

By the way I live in Montreal, Canada, where I’ve lived most of my life. Thanks again.

Norf

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Hi Norf,

Nice to meet you.

There are two books you should read that will enhance your understanding of 80/20.

The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch and 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall.

Be sure you read them in that order.

If you Google “Perry Marshall” and 80/20, you should be able to find a page that let’s you order his book for one American cent plus shipping.

Bruce

Bruce Hoag PhD

Norma Allen
    Participant

Hi Bruce. I’m interested in working with you, but won’t be available until the new year. You should receive a message from me via your Psych Hacks contact page.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Got it, Norma.

Thanks. 🙂

Bruce Hoag PhD

Onofrio Fiorentino
    Participant

Hi Bruce – thanks for the tips and suggestions. I already have a copy of Perry’s book and I’ve skimmed Richard’s book at the book store.

My big challenge stems from the fact that I’m in a very fluid situation and almost everything is urgent at the time it surfaces and there’s only 24 hours in a day!

I have an existing business that, after a big slump, I’m now rebuilding, and I know exactly what to do to rebuild in the old, established methods that are proven to work but in slow growth, traditional ways.

I’m aiming to leverage the power of the internet and technology to power-up and speed-up and to rebuild bigger and faster than ever before!

Having said that, we must be aware of what I call the “seduction of technology” which can be very alluring and enticing but takes our focus away from the human side of business. I’m sure you’re very aware of this, and thankfully the human side of business is one of Sean’s strong suits!

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Nice to see a picture of you, Norf.

I wrote an article called How to Defeat the Bright Shiny Object Syndrome which might help you to break the “seduction of technology.”

Not sure what the policy is here about providing links to our own sites, so I’ll refrain from doing it for now.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bruce

when you have something of value that is pertinent to helping, please post it!

That’s easier than someone wondering where they can read the great article you wrote!

The rules on links for now are:

post anything relevant that is helpful, whether you wrote it or someone else

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

2 users thanked author for this post.

Norma Allen
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying about links, Sean. I have already posted a few links and am relieved to see they fit the criteria.

Norma Esler

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar