Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Shout outs, Kudos, Thanks You's, and Congratulations!

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Shout outs, Kudos, Thanks You's, and Congratulations!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

We are all so busy building our businesses, that we sometimes miss or fail to recognize our successes and the successes (big or small) of our fellow Preneurpal partners.

I wanted to start a thread that acknowledges our accomplishments, that highlights things that are being done right!

With that said, I received an email from Bruce Hoag today. It was extremely well written and thoughtful. I have never considered that a good copy writer should speak in the voice of the person who hired them. I thought a copy writer just wrote copy to convince someone to buy.

I just wanted to thank you for you originality.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this, Malik.

What many people don’t realize is that we all have a “voice.” And that voice has to be consistent in everything you do.

In my experience, good writing can sound very much the same, regardless of who writes it; but there will be subtle nuances. The use of certain words is a good example. Certain expressions or idioms may also surface.

Years ago, I was asked to grade some papers for college (university) students. One of them obviously had two authors. All of a sudden, the style changed – right in the middle. I can’t imagine what the student was thinking. LOL

That kind of thing can be a disaster in your marketing.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Norma Allen
      Participant

Finding Your Voice

Finding your online voice is so important. Then I first started writing, I wrote everything as if it were an undergrad assignment.

It took me years to feel comfortable with writing in a more natural, conversational style. (Contractions!! Short sentences!! Oh, my!!)

I try to imagine that I’m writing a letter to a good friend. It helps me get the right perspective for blog posts and emails.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I had to learn how to write conversationally and not academically. That took quite a mindset shift. That’s because conversationally didn’t even sound correct. 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD
      The Internet Marketing Psychologist
      The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Malik, this is such a good idea! I want to give you a shout out for your eagle eye editing skills! And for jumping in to help with my request for feedback.

1 user thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar