Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

What if . . .?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What if . . .?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

You’ve heard of the 80/20 Principle.

And no doubt you believe it to a greater or lesser extent.

If you work a 40-hour week, then it means that you’ll accomplish at least 80% of what you do in just eight hours.

What if you knew that you only had two hours to work on Monday, and one and a half hours on each of the following days: Tues, Wed, Thu, and Fri?

How would you spend your time?

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

• Author
    Replies

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

1) strategy
    2) implement one big thing that came out of my strategy session with myself

that will likely be:

some form of content creation: article, blog post, recording, video, email, etc (or one thing as all 5)

write an email to my subscribers giving them daily encouragement

sell something

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

2 users thanked author for this post.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bruce

Here’s the thing, when you have purpose and focus first . . everything else comes together.

When you have everything else first . . you get overwhelmed and scattered.

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Purpose has to be the desired outcome, but it has to be a step in the process of reaching the goal.

For example, you’re goal might be to earn $5K this week. Many would say that that’s specific enough. It’s measurable and has a time period fixed to it.

But if you are faced with 50 ways to do it, and there are multiple paths for each, then that goal is useless.

So your purpose has to be to complete certain steps that you know will lead to your goal.

Then when you know what the next step is, you can focus on it.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

If you only had 2 hours each day, what would you do?

Thus far, the only people in this conversation have been Sean and me.

I like discussing things with him, but I want to hear from you, too.

Please look at the original post, and then tell us how you would use your time.

There’s method to this madness.

Trust me.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

I second this exercise Bruce has suggested here . . .

Bruce, why not share how this exercise has impacted you personally in the past?

Sean

Sean

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I can see, from re-visiting these posts, how easily I forget what I’ve suggested to other people.

Often, I feel like I’m living in two parallel lives.

There’s the one where I’m doing all the things that I want to do, and then there’s the one where everything changes almost as soon as I get out of bed. LOL

In order to make 80/20 work in the way that I’ve suggested, I know from personal experience that a lot of other things have to be orderly.

If there’s too much chaos in my life, then I can’t focus on what matters.

And there has been a lot of that lately.

The experiences of others in this forum make many of mine pale into insignificance.

The difference is that when you face something major, you have no problem dropping everything to deal with it. Your brain and your heart and your emotions “give you permission.”

It’s when there are a lot of little things, none of which seems that important but which collectively impede your progress, that you feel that internal conflict; like you’re chasing your tail.

And so for me, I have to get the little things under control so that I can give my work the kind of focus that’s required to make 80/20 work.

Bruce Hoag PhD

1 user thanked author for this post.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Create content that changes lives.

At least one hour a week live training.

Usually 2 hours.

Everything else really goes to pointing folks to the live weekly training . . . as that’s where lives are changed!

Sean

Sean

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

What if you could only work 8 hours per week? What would you do?

I decided that the topic may have been to vague for most people, and so I’ve extended it to stimulate your imagination.

Here’s your schedule for the the week: Monday (2 hours); Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, you get 90 minutes.

How will you spend your time?

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar