Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

What is the next thing you should do?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What is the next thing you should do?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

In another post, I referred to a question that sums up a book entitled, The One Thing, by Gary Keller with Jay Papasan.

That question was, “What is the one thing such that by doing it everything else will become easier or unnecessary?”

And that’s a really good question.

If you can answer it and then do it, you’re productivity will skyrocket.

But now, ask yourself this question: “What is the one thing I can do next, such that by doing it everything else will become easier or unnecessary.

To answer this, you’ll have to think ahead a little bit.

Take your time.

Your answer will help you more than you can know. 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

• Author
    Replies

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

I have decided that where I should start with Sean Training is “Get Started Fast: Core Implementation Model for Your Online Business” so I will be working through this section everyday.
    I will adding statement to the forum and asking for feedback on them. 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

1 user thanked author for this post.

The answer to the first question would be: Figure out a system to automate. Meaning, what platform am I going to use to sell my products, what payment gateway, funnel, membership site software, autoresponder, etc. I am an admitted nerd, and I often get caught up in the semantics of “testing everything ad nauseum” but never being satisfied with it, so I’ll try the next bell/whistle that comes along. And in the process, don’t actually end up completing anything.

I realize hard work will continue to be involved, but trust me, completing the first thing was an inner battle with myself. One that it was important to overcome. (And I honestly wonder if first thing was mainly a distraction from having to do the next thing. Mainly because, and I’ll go ahead and admit it, the day-to-day of this stuff is honestly nowhere near as exciting and “sexy” as chasing shiny objects was. I finally got more or less disciplined enough to stop doing that, but I am also realizing that continuing to test different platforms, services, etc, just seems like an extension of that – another way to daydream about my eventual “IM empire”, without having to commit to putting in the actual work.)

Now that I’ve figured it all out, and like it or not, this is what I am going to stick with, at least initially until the thing launches and I can start seeing some success…

The answer to what I can do next is: Implement it! Meaning, complete ebook/video course/membership site/email sequence to the extent that it’s complete enough to launch!

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Jen, figure out what you can set up fast.

Your main business isn’t selling nerd-ism. LOL

And no system will be perfect. (If you can create a perfect system, you’ll change the IM world.)

Get it working as quickly as you can and then, in your spare time tinker around the edges.

But if tinkering is impeding progress, then it’s a distraction.

Bruce Hoag PhD

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce,
      Hitting the Thanks button once is not sufficient. Thank you for that much-needed reminder!

I’m what they call an “imperfect perfectionist”. I tend to get so caught up focusing on getting everything set up perfectly, that I never get it done at all.

I really stress over putting something out there that doesn’t look 100%, but you’re right, it can always be tweaked later. Actually, as technology goes, it will eventually HAVE to be!

I don’t know why I have such high standards for myself…especially when I look back at things I’ve eagerly bought from other marketers, despite typos, “oh, by the way, the site’s not done, but we’ll let you know when it is,” and so on! 😀

I Use Reviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I’ll let you in on a little secret, Jen.

We creative types are never satisfied with our work.

We only deliver it because there’s a deadline.

I used this illustration in another post, but it’s worth repeating.

You’re a self-confessed nerd. 😉

How many revisions have Microsoft and Apple made to their operating systems?

If one of them had decided to wait until theirs was perfect, which one do you think would have gone out of business first?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Good point! And I had not seen that analogy elsewhere, so I am glad you repeated it.

I Use Reviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I read somewhere that the founders of one of the two companies – can’t remember which – wrote the software for their new operating system on the plane to the meeting they were having with potential investors who thought that it already existed!

I’m not in favor of lying, but it does rather prove the point that having a perfect system wasn’t on their agenda.

All they wanted was something that worked.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Ha ha awesome! I love that story!
      I’ve finally learned, at least a little. Last time around I made a 12-session video series that never even ended up selling. This time, I am aiming for the first week of training and saying “let me know what you’d like to see” for getting feedback, and when I get the first sale start popping out the rest from a ready-to-go outline!

I Use Reviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

If you can create a product that quickly, then that’s the way to do it.

That’s because it will be exactly what people want.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Great, great plan . .

I rarely create product until at least a few folks have enrolled and I like to have a feel for what they are looking for.

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

4 users thanked author for this post.

Bob Moore
    Participant

It’s coincidental that I came across this thread right after I read Sean’s offer of 1:1 coaching for 10 hours.

It really resonated with me, and made me realize I need someone to keep me focused and accountable.

So to answer the question, “What is the next thing you should do?”. . .

Get access to Sean’s 10 hour 1 to 1. Easy answer.

No brainer. Talking with Sean on the phone for 90 days (okay, not every day, but for 10 hours within that time) is better than playing with courses that offer promises but no direction. I’m sick of the “loophole” gimmicks or the ones that promise $200 a day for a one time payment of $7.55. They’re just rehashed products of the same failed methods.

Anyway, I digress. I’ll keep you up to date on my progress.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

For me it’s very simple Bruce,

But, for me, Not so easy to get going.

I have to just get started on my in depth research into the Self Development category (beginning with a huge brainstorm), and stop allowing myself to be delayed or misdirected by interesting looking new sources of even more training.

But yes… Sean’s training will certainly help me to frame what I do along with those of a few chosen others, but I must stop becoming a slave to learning, just for the sake of it, and turn it into action, imperfect as that may be.

I must set a minimum amount of time each day to spend on the creation of my own product. Take the mindset advice I, so liberally, give to others an put it into practice for myself.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

As you’ve probably discovered, Les, the love of learning can be an asset and a liability.

It’s great at the beginning because you’re willing to persevere when others falter but, as you’ve discovered, there comes a time when you have to do something with it.

You already know about Sean’s 10 x 10. I suggest that you start with that. And it doesn’t have to be 10 x 10. It could be 12 x 5 or 20 x 6 or some other combination.

You may find, as I have that there are 10 things to talk about under one point, but only 8 under another.

It doesn’t matter.

What the exercise does is it helps you to organize what you know.

Once you can see that, it should be a lot easier to decide what to do next.

Right now, I suspect, you feel overwhelmed by all that you know and, more importantly, all there is to know.

So you need to back away from the latter and organize the former; and as you do that, the next step will become clearer.

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar