Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

What is your favorite productivity tool?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What is your favorite productivity tool?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

What is your favorite productivity tool?

Why do you like it?

How do you use it?

Why did you choose it over anything else that does more or less the same thing?

Evernote was mentioned elsewhere, but not much detail was given.

Let’s help each other to be more productive.

I’ll start.

My favorite productivity tool is the Chrome extension called Momentum.

It appears every time I open a new browser tab.

I get a beautiful picture, an inspirational quote, the temperature where I live (which isn’t very inspirational), and my To Do list, all right there on my desktop.

I like it because even if I’m distracted, I can’t open a new tab without first being reminded of what I should be doing.

I don’t know of any other product like it, though they may exist for the other browsers.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I have not been using any productivity tool but I will take a look at momentum. I do need to stay more focused.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Malik, get a copy of Tim Ferriss’ book The Four-Hour WorkWeek. There are loads of tools mentioned in it.

Some may no longer exist, but once you know what they did, you can search to see what has taken their place.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Microsoft Word

I cuss it. I’ve tried Scrivener. I’ve threatened to use Google Docs exclusively. But I always come back to Word.

If you know of a better word processor, don’t tell me.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Word does a lot. Used it for decades. Still use it at work.

Trying to get used to Pages now that I’ve returned to Mac.

The best word processing software I ever used was made by Lotus.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

I love to use Libre Office Free equivalent of Microsoft Office). It is kept up to date regularly and totally free, unless you want to make voluntary donation. I also have Open Office, but I think Libre Office has more flexibility.

Norma Allen
    Participant

My Inspired Year Weekly Planner

You asked. My own planner is my best tool for staying organized and on track. I’ve been using a version of this for years and I’ve got it set up so that I can track whatever it is that needs my attention at any time. Very cool. If I do say so myself.

I will check out Momentum though. It sounds like it’s my kind of app.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

I love google docs, I use them all the time wonderful for myself but even better when working with clients.

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

I love google docs, for collaborating with others as several people can have access to the same document and all changes are seen on all copies. This eliminates the old problem of sending documents back and forwards and people editing old copies etc.
    It also comes in handing if you are working on something and you take notes and the person you are working with can see the notes as well and add directly to them.
    As for document creation that has a design element google docs is fine for the basics but I still use word for ebook setup and design as google doc just doesn’t cut it.
    I also use google spreadsheets and pretty well all components of google drive (still finding new things I can do) simply for the convenience of being online and ease if access on phone and computer (or someone else computer). I also found it great when travelling as a extra backup of files and documents.

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

I’ve been at this kind of work for a long time. My answer varies through the years.

I was the first grad student to submit a word-processed thesis to the Graduate School at Oregon State in 1981. They had no policies for anything but hand-typed theses!

I got my first laptop in 1990. Mobility! Life was made much easier as I was showing my software to potential clients at their sites. Around that same time, we could use pcAnywhere to send software updates to clients over the phone lines.

Lots of fun times. No need to bore you any further. 🙂 Skipping ahead to this last year…

Google alerts. I have several set up for my big keywords to help keep up with what is being indexed right now on those topics. I also set up alerts for my own name, a couple of my friends, and the names of my enemies.

Mark

All About Health And Healing

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Google alerts can be very effective if you get the right words or phrases.

That can be really tricky, though.

The same words or even phrases can be synonymous with topics that are entirely unrelated to yours.

Take the word nurseries, for example.

In the UK, it can refer to a child care center or a place where plants are grown.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Hands down, Rescue Time

Instead of it being a slave driver as I work to tell me to do something else . .

once you use it and SEE where your time is going, your mind changes.

And when your mind changes, your actions follow.

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Norma Allen
    Participant

My Inspired Year Weekly Planner

Hi Friends,

I want My Inspired Year Weekly Planner to be one of your favourite productivity tools.

Click here to get a FREE copy and send me your feedback.

Coupon applies to the downloadable version only. You can print the pages and put them in a binder to have your year at your fingertips. Includes the last quarter of 2017.

If you like it, you can earn 50% by promoting as an affiliate.

Thank you!

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar