Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

What one thing do you do that creates unnecessary work?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What one thing do you do that creates unnecessary work?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

This question is designed to get you go look what you do that makes you unproductive.

What is the one thing, such that by doing it, creates unnecessary work for you?

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

• Author
    Replies

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

If I procrastinate that creates unnecessary work for me. If I do not get Monday’s work done than I have double the work on Tuesday and so on for the rest of the week. Which means that I must preform miracles on the the weekends.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I know that feeling, Malik; and the thing is that even though I know that my brain is lying to me, I want to believe that I can solve everything on Saturday.

What do you think makes us believe that?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Malik Ahmad
      Participant

I do not know why we believe that we can pack everything into the weekend.

I know that my wife and kids already have plans for me during the weekend. So that is going to cut into my weekend work hours.

Bottom line, I need to get Monday’s work done on Monday even if I have to stay up a little later.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
      The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I can tell you why I think it.

It’s because of selective amnesia. Somewhere I got this crazy idea that there were large blocks of uncommitted time on Saturdays.

What I tend to forget is that I’ve triple- or quadruple-booked that time for the other things that I didn’t get done in the week. 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD

2 users thanked author for this post.

Norma Allen
      Participant

Exactly! It’s all about perception.

We tend to “spend” our money that way too, sometimes.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

For the past few years, I’ve been logging every single expenditure, totaling it at the end of the week, and subtracting it from my take-home.

Doing has imposed a fiscal discipline that wasn’t there before.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Dana Cassell
    Participant

For sure, as the week progresses, the number of hours per day seems to lessen. Or the clock hands/digits move faster. Better to do more earlier when time appears more normal.

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I’m with you, Dana, about starting earlier.

Today the problem was that the heat in the trailer was insufficient to cope with the temperatures outside.

Long story.

The good new is that I expect to move into a house (cottage) next year; probably in February.

One thing I’ve noticed is that if I’m concentrating, then time can go faster.

That said, there is some music on YouTube that does something with you Alpha waves, and I’ve found it not only enables you to concentrate harder, but also seems to slow time down. If you use it, you’ll notice that you’re more mentally tired at the end.

Oh, and you have to use headphones to get the effect.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Susan Parnaby
      Participant
      This reply has been set as private.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

I’m staying in the B & B of a friend for a couple of nights.

The electricity where I live is going to be turned off for six hours tomorrow while the trees are trimmed.

It will be cold enough for a few flurries tomorrow, too.

I’m aware of the risks of hypothermia, Susan, but I appreciate your concern. 🙂

Bruce Hoag PhD

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

Any chance of a link to the YouTube link with the “Alpha” wave music?

Thanks in advance

Bob Moore
    Participant

Knowledge is a good thing, but for me, over-studying creates more work. In my quest for knowledge and wanting to know everything before I take action, it creates more work because of the things I’m not getting done. Make sense?

I think I’m getting better at that, though. Studying with no action doesn’t pay the bills. It was a hard lesson to learn.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Bob, I just wrote an article for a client that talks about strategy and execution at an organizational level.

Many are of the opinion that strategy is unnecessary, and that the only thing that’s needed is action.

I use the illustration of the pilot who, while admitting to the passengers that he was lost, boasted that they were going 500 mph.

Of course the opposite is true, too.

If all you do is plan, you won’t even get off the ground.

If you’ve been attending Sean’s coaching calls for more than six months, then you already know enough to take action, even if it’s only one small step.

The thing is that you probably won’t find out what the next step is until you do the one that you know you need to do right now; and, in any case, you have to do what you know first anyway.

Oh dear. I feel a bit like I’ve been lecturing.

Hope you didn’t take it like that. 🙂

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar