Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

When is it time to delegate?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything When is it time to delegate?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Loreen McKellar 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I’m a newbie, but I am curious to know when you think it is time to start delegating your business tasks. Do you have to be making $100,000 a year for it to make sense to hire a virtual assistant… or is delegation necessary all along the way?

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

• Author
    Replies

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Personally, I would start delegating as soon as I could afford it.

There are things that take me hours – even days – to accomplish, and those things won’t necessarily bring in more customers.

Perry Marshall talks about $10/hr, $100/hr, $1K/hr and $10K/hr work.

All of us should concentrate on doing the last two, and outsource the first two.

The reality is that most of us spend the majority of our time doing $10/hr work.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Bob Moore
    Participant

Personally, I don’t think it’s ever too early to delegate. The menial tasks are the things that eat up the majority of your time. As I once read, you should be focusing on your business not in your business.

Let someone else make your squeeze pages, your bonus pages, your download pages, etc. Look at the big picture of where you want your business to be and make that your focus. All the other steps can be outsourced (as long as your budget allows it).

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

In business circles, we talk about core business, Claire.

Core business is what your clients pay you for.

They pay you for your expertise; not your overheads.

So to the extent possible, work on what you do best – what you sell – and outsource the rest.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Loreen McKellar
    Participant

Hi claire

I set aside a sum for a social media/website designer. I could have gone through Fiverr or one of those gig sites but I wanted to be able to talk to them and interact with them so i chose someone whom I meet up with once a month and can email and talk to anytime. She really enjoys her work and we have created something special. I did not want to have to learn those skills as Bruce says I want to be paid for my expertise. This takes time in reading and writing and I also organise events.

I don’t think i could have a fully functioning site up and running in two months with products for sale otherwise. It all feels real now.
    Loreen

"The Brain Fixer Upper"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar