Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Why can one comment on Ask Anything but not show as active in Members section?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Why can one comment on Ask Anything but not show as active in Members section?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Mize 6 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

This may be best put to Sean Mize,

Fairly recently, it was brought to my attention that members can comment within the “Ask Anything” Section but not show as having any recent activity when you check their status within the “Members'” section.

I had thought that by looking at the Members section you could easily view when someone last did anything within Preneurpal. If this is not the case, then maybe some code needs to be re-written or corrected. Otherwise I may have done an injustice by adversely commenting on those who appeared to be inactive for a long period of time, but whom had actually contributed to the group more recently.

Saying all of that, however, a quick, rather unscientific check on the latest comments on Ask Anything only revealed, in the round, the presence of the usual suspects actively contributing anything to the group! They know who they are.

• Author
    Replies

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Les

That’s an interesting observation, Les, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

This has been a HUGE project, with many moving parts and plugins . . and it’s just not all dialed in yet . .

this has been a bit harder to make it EXACTLY like I envisioned instead of just buying some ready-made software that just does everything a certain way!!

Thanks!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

1 user thanked author for this post.

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

I don’t think people can comment if they are not logged in, but anyone can see the main “Ask Anything” forum.
    Whether or not they are a member, or logged in.

In fact, some great stuff from PreneurPal is showing up in organic searches.

People may be looking around without logging in if that was the case they would not show in the ‘last active’ list of members.

Have You Been Struggling, Thinking You Don't Have Enough Time To Build Your Business???
    What if "Not Having Enough Time" Was A Thing of The Past?

If You're Ready For a WHOLE NEW WAY of Thinking About Your "Available Time" Click
    ThisChangesTheGame.com and start finding the time you need to get your business off the ground, even if you time is limited.

JuliaRotgers.com

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Hi Julia,

Interested in your comments about “organic searches.”

Can you elaborate?

Bruce Hoag PhD
      The Internet Marketing Psychologist
      The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Leslie Leftley
      Participant

Hi Julia,

It is the Members last Active list I was referring to.

Sean Mize
      Keymaster

Les, sorry for the inconvenience that the reporting isn’t quite right. I may change plugins to do reporting differently, there seem to be pros and cons with each! Thanks!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

1 user thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar