Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Zoom or Teleseminar?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Zoom or Teleseminar?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Malik Ahmad 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Do you prefer to do video trainings or audio trainings? The great thing about Zoom is that it’s cheap and it includes numbers for people to dial in, if that’s what’s more convenient for them. Video is so powerful, but it is also more time consuming and Zoom delivery is not as automatic as Teleseminar. I also have to admit that nothing has been more powerful for me than Sean’s voice on his audios!

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

• Author
    Replies

Robert Mason
    Participant

Claire

I find that the big benefit of audio is that I can listen in while doing something else, like making a drink or even eating a meal. Also, I like to walk round my office while listening, so not so convenient with video.

I am not too keen on Zoom because there were problems in the early days, although it works fine now. Teleseminar is always good for me.

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

I know one thing that holds many of us ladies back from video is the feeling like we have to look “good enough” before we get on camera. That is one reason that although I love the idea of doing video, I do very little of it.

On the other hand, audio is great – IF you learn well that way. I am not an auditory learner, so trying to capture and retain what is said in an audio training is very difficult for me. Is it convenient? Absolutely! Do I remember a lot of what I hear? Not really. And my struggle is that I presuppose that many are like me, particularly because we hear everywhere now how important video is.

I love Zoom, and I think it is great for what it does (allows you to see everyone else, etc.).

Yeah, Robert, it’s true that nothing is more convenient than audio. What I like about Zoom is that it allows you to call in if audio is more convenient for you. So, with Zoom, you’re getting BOTH video and audio – both of which you can deliver to your clients as a replay. Nowadays, Zoom seems to be quite convenient and versatile… although delivery is manual, unlike at Teleseminar.

♥ Coach Claire

I am also more of a visual learner, Suzanne. During Sean’s trainings, we’re mostly taking in words and concepts which are not visual, but I do like to see a person’s face as they talk to me. However, the power of audio – aside from it’s convenience – is that you do not have all the visuals distracting you away from the message. The voice takes center stage.

It’s true… Zoom is really great for live community building, isn’t?

♥ Coach Claire

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Have you thought about Facebook live or YouTube live? I’m using Xsplit broadcaster to deliver YT free training videos as FB live until I see if it’s something I want to do live. I’m curious to see if I get more traffic this way.

Yes, Facebook Live is great for free training, but my goal is to actually begin charging. One could easily charge for a membership to a Facebook group and do Facebook Lives inside (I sort of do that, already). I still haven’t taken the time to perfect YouTube livestreams, however, but one day I will! I downloaded Wirecast for that purpose.

My Facebook friends loved it whenever I did a Facebook Live, so I definitely think it would generate some new traffic for you. Facebook optimizes all FB Lives, causing so many new people to find you.

♥ Coach Claire

Susan Parnaby
    Participant

I had a strange experience when planning to use Zoom. I was already well into my stretch zone at that point so this was the last straw.

The denture situation became crazy. I was given appointment cards with the time of the end of the appointment not the start on them then my records were marked DNA i.e. did not attend. Too many of those and they refuse to accpet you as a patient. The first attempt was so incredibly painful to wear that it took 3 or 4 days to recover from wearing it for less than an hour. Eventually I got a second opinion and a new denture but then there was the question of what to do about the first attempt. That was when I started to learn about consumer law and how to make formal complaints. It got to the point where I realised that if anything could to go wrong then it would. It was one thing after another for months. People were trying to do things right but things still went wrong and I started to think that there was an invisible hand at work making things go wrong. If nothing else that helped me maintain my sanity and temper. The entire saga took 8 months to resolve at which point I found the denture I had lost hiding in place where I had looked mroe than once.

At first I thought I would wait until things sort themselves out but they took so long that I gave up trying to meet the deadline I had set myself. I was fighting so hard to sort things out on that front that it was easier to retreat out of that stretch zone. So rather than continuing with just audio I abandoned the whole project. Now I am looking at venturing into back into that stretch zone and wondering how to protect myself from things going wrong again.

Susan

God's Lily is "a voice for those frustrated by the slow progress towards a fair society where the needs of the weakest are met in a way that it strengthens them rather than weakens them further" . If that includes you then hop on over and have a look around. If you like what you see it would be a good idea to sign up to receive our blog broadcasts. Oh and you will get a couple of pdf files that explain the what and why behind the site when

So, Susan… Zoom didn’t give you the correct appointment times? And, with everything happening in your life, you gave up and never tried it out again? I haven’t yet officially used Zoom, but I’ve been testing it and see how easy it is to set a time for a meeting and then copy an invitation to send it by email. And it’s unlimited and free if you make your meetings 40 minutes or less (only $14.99 / month if your meetings are over 40 minutes). Does anyone else have experience with Zoom? I will update you, Susan, when I finally officially try it out. Remember, you can adjust the settings if they don’t work for you.

♥ Coach Claire

Carol Bremner
    Participant

I like using Zoom because I usually need to share my screen to help people with a concept or have them share their screen with me there to hold their hand while they walk through the steps. Showing people how to use software would be so much more difficult with audio only.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

I personally prefer audio… and I can’t tell you why, but I hate Zoom. That probably means I need to use it more 🙂

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

I have discovered, with today’s wide range of technology, it’s not always about whether a service is good or not – many of them are – it’s more about – how closely does it fit YOUR need and what YOU want to accomplish?

and if there are several that are close, sometimes you just have to make a decision and let go of FOMO

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I prefer video to audio. I can listen to the video just as well as the audio while I am driving.

I think video also brands you better than audio.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar