Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Facebook Advertising

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Facebook Advertising

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Claire Elisabeth Elliott 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Joe Martin
    Participant

What FB ad types to drive traffic have you found most effective?

• Author
    Replies

Robert Mason
    Participant

Hi Joe

I haven’t actually found FB adverts to be very productive. I guess I really ought to find out more to see if I can improve my performance.

The only thing is I feel that people go to Facebook to browse rather than to buy! – they also tend to be rather young, so not all niches are relevant.

Remember – you can target any gender, age group, income and industry, etc. on Facebook! Not that I speak from personal experience… I’ve just watched as people have set up their own FB ads on screen right in front of me. So many people rave about the success of their Facebook ads when they do them right. Some people have built their entire business this way. It’s a wide open opportunity that wasn’t ever available to us before the age of Facebook.

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Scott Hogue
    Participant

I am still trying to figure out facebook. I ran a number of ads for a local business of mine and used zip codes to get them to run locally and the vast majority of my likes are coming from foreign countries.

I think you could make a small fortune on facebook by spending a large fortune trying to figure them out.

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Boost posts are a cost-effective way to begin. I suggest starting there, getting results, then turning a boost format into a “real” ad for testing. Be careful and watch it closely.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I don’t use FB advertising.

Even so, I thought I add something which I think will be valuable to you.

If you decide to use them, then make sure that they are one of a number of marketing methods that you use.

That’s because that real estate doesn’t belong to you.

And so FB could change something one day that could completely throw off your strategies.

For example, I read recently that FB is only going to show posts of those who advertise with them. Something like that.

Now even if you do advertise with them, you’re still not protected. They could insist on a minimum monthly spend, and if it was bigger than your budget, then your content wouldn’t be visible.

Your own website, on the other hand, is territory that you own.

Make sure that it has a lot of content on it so that people can recognize your authority when they get there.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Bob Moore
    Participant

I dabbled in FB ads not too long ago. For me, personally, they weren’t returning a great investment. To be fair, though, I’ve never been fluent in the FB world. Had I spent more time researching and learning the ins and outs, my results would have been better I suppose.

Now I’m not saying they don’t work. I know of a lot of people making gobs of money using them. It’s just that I was somehow gumming up the works.

It’s one of those platforms that if you know what you’re doing, you can do extremely well. If you don’t, you can lose your shirt. I’ll make very sure I’m confident in what I’m doing if I decide to take the plunge again. Good luck with it. I’m curious to know how you do.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I haven’t read it, but Perry Marshall, one of the highest paid consultants in the world, wrote a book about FB marketing.

If I was thinking about doing it, I’d read that book first.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Yes, make sure you get your Facebook ad training… there’s so much out there, too! However, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve been in trainings where I’ve personally watched people set up FB ads who have made so much money on Facebook. One of these people is one of my coaching mentors, Sharon Livingston, who had never tried Facebook ads until just a couple months ago. She can’t believe how many new people this has put on her list. That’s why during one of our regular supervision calls (included in my coaching certification), she couldn’t resist going onto Facebook to show all us coaches how easy it is. And she only spends $20 / day for all these new leads!

♥ Coach Claire

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Joe, Claire and all,

Yes I tried FB adds a few years back and lost around £500. Does not seem a lot, to many people, I know, but I put many hours of work into the ad placement. The offer at the end (not mine) was amazing. The free material that was being given away was also amazing and worthy of a genuine $97 price tag.

I managed to grow a list of around 125, but only made a handful of sales of the tripwire offer, that was only $10. The list dwindled over time and I threw good money after bad.

It turns out I wasn’t targetting precisely enough within FB. Since that time FB has improved what you can do with targetting even more. But they have also tightened up a lot of their own rules about third party ads.

But I shall say this… unless you are an experienced advertiser with a large budget to test out things and burn through, all of which you can afford to lose then I would not touch FB with the proverbial barge pole.

You don’t own the platform, they are constantly changing their algorithms, and they are steadily increasing ad costs (And it is always more expensive running up to Christmas).

Now there are always courses out there teaching loopholes that FB “currently” allows. Well a loophole is no basis for any serious business.

Facebook could be utilised to good effect for research purposes, such as favourable demographics etc etc…but first and foremost it is a SOCIAL PLATFORM and all the old, and most current, trainings in where to place ads are a load of BULL because most people have just developed ad blindness.

Lastly…Of course there are success stories, but frankly they are minuscule when placed alongside the mammoth waste of ad spend by the majority which only resulting in losses and negative ROI.

Leslie, nowadays, I do think that you can target exactly the prospect you’re looking for on Facebook like never before and it’s not that hard to do. You could test it out at the perfect time of day and limit your ad spend to just $5 / day, or something like that. You can select the gender, profession, location, income, age… it’s so unbelievable what you can now do. No one else has the traffic that Facebook does. When I’m ready, I will experiment with it and keep my ad spend at just $5 / day to begin with until I find an ad that seems to work best. All the leads that you collect from Facebook go on your email list forever and ever. YOU own your email list, not Facebook! When I finally test this, I will let you all know how it goes.

♥ Coach Claire

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar