Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Help me Craft the Best Set Up To Get Your Needs Met!

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Help me Craft the Best Set Up To Get Your Needs Met!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Tina Fletcher 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

As you know, I’ve created PreneurPal so that it can be a genuine Community that can changes lives . . .

Yours and others who come after you here . . .

My dream is that it can meet needs that no other site does . . . so many have tried, but they get ridden with spam, or the only people who join just want to take but not give, or there isn’t enough momentum for it to work . . ..

But in reading the posts you have placed in the first two threads in this conversation, I really feel like you are willing to help make something special happen here . . .

Here are the earlier threads if perhaps you haven’t seen them:

What do YOU want to Get Out of the Sean Mize Community?

and

What can YOU do to help us together get where we want to go?

And I’m seeing an amazing generous spirit as I read those posts.

And I can see that you really *GET* it . . that if everyone is only here to learn but not to help others . . .it just flat out won’t work.

And what I am beginning to see is that if everyone is here to learn something . . . to gain community, make a few online friends who are BUSINESS friends (as opposed to social media friends, or old high school friends) . . .and to have a place to kind of launch their business

AND let’s say that you have a set of things you need to learn . . . first of course, if you don’t have it, the main blueprint for your business (I’ll be providing guidance on that soon, but want to get this sharing structure right first!!)

and then, say, you need 10 skills or areas of learning in order to fulfill your goal . . .

maybe you need help writing
    or making videos
    or making a squeeze page
    or narrowing your niche . . .

and you can come to PreneurPal and find someone who can help you . . .

And you can ALSO –

help someone else with something YOU are good at

You see, even though you may struggle with 10 things you are learning to do online

Or you know 1/2 of them but are struggling to put them together . . . .

You STILL have at least ONE SKILL you can help others with . . . .

And THAT’S what can make it all work . . . .

You see, if EVERYONE simply offers ONE SKILL or task they can help others with

and maybe each day for 5 minutes you hunt in the Ask Anything forum for just 3 people who have asked a question that, no matter how much you still have to learn, there are 3 people each day who know LESS than you do about something . . . .

You see, it might be easy for you to think of yourself as a beginner,

or you don’t have it all together –

but we all have skills we can help each other with

And if you give from your own abundance where you DO know a little more than someone else

and if everyone gives like that

then there will be plenty of people to HELP in all the areas where you DO need help . . . .

So the next question is, and this is where I really need your help . . .

What is the best way to structure this so EVERYONE can offer a little help in some area they can help in . . .

What if I created a forum where you would put posts like:

I can help with . . . .

for example, I can help with video

and then anyone who needs help with video can come to your post and ask for your help?

And then of course anytime YOU need help (assuming you are the video person) with something ELSE

YOU would go to that forum and look for the help YOU need?

So the differentiation would be the the Ask Anything Forum would be for asking questions . . .

But you could also go to the “I can help with” Forum to find a specific person to help you . . . .

And of course where you can post what you can help with?

And then the next logical step would be for me to add a “Members Training Section”

where YOU could post training as you create it, or even just pdf-ize the help you give other members, such that if you show something that others can learn too, you just make it into a little pdf or even a post that teaches how to do that . . .

and put that training in the Members Training Section?

How does all this sound?

Any ideas for making it even better?

Any ideas for making this smoother?

Or a better way all together?

I’m really looking for your input on this, what do YOU think would work best, what ideas do YOU Like best?

So please reply below and share (and don’t just say, sounds good! but instead . . say why . . .

like name the one thing you like

or the one thing you would change

or whatever

the more detailed we can get as a group on defining this, the better it will be!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Believe it or not, I have nothing to add.

Having three sections – a place to get help, a place to offer help, and ask questions sound to me like a very good way to do it.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Gregory Bey
      Participant

If you have written a article or free report on a subject that some one wants to learn more about, would it be alright to put a link to the information?

Don Sturgill
    Participant

It’s a tough call, Sean. I belong to a writers group that’s so jampacked with messages that navigation is frustrating. People who have time to socialize for hours love it. Working writers aren’t as thrilled about the organization.

In the end, you have people who don’t do the work advising others who don’t do the work and little is gained. I often get requests from people who want me to help edit their work or create a landing page (for free). I try to pitch in where I can, but I can’t leave paying customers waiting for long or I’ve become a charity, not a business.

For me, the primary missing element in all forums (even Facebook) is getting away from the linear messaging display. Smart navigation with an excellent search function could help. As could separate pages/areas for the various topics. In the end, those with real ability will engage with the hope of picking up clients … and that can turn its own nightmare — online ambulance chasers.

Maybe a better way to go is a weekly focus topic where all pitch in. One essential ingredient must be there, though … guidance by the master or an appointed moderator with credibility.

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Sean,
    Everything you say and propose sounds good and we surely seem to be building and on the right track.

If I might throw an idea out there for consideration and some reworking, even rejecting.

All learning without action is at best a form of entertainment. To reach our goals there must be action. I am thinking about action groups.

There are going to be people joining here at different times and will take different amounts of time here to be ready to start.

Some aren’t coming to go through the Sean Steps, they already started with Sean or you offer something that they found they need and that is fine and they bring experience and knowledge to our community.

I am thinking out loud that we might want a place for the “Group Going Through The Sean Steps of the month”

So if three people now are ready to go through your training and steps this month, they are in the November 2017 group, an open group anyone can watch an even post on, but the focus is on people going through that month.
    Next month a few more people join, a few more have looked over the training and posts and they are ready and we have a December 2017 group going through.

After a number of months, the posts from the groups would almost make a course on going through the steps with Sean.

When we do training in our services business and hire people we have quarterly boot camps. We want all in this quarter’s group to be able to do abc and 123, so we focus on abc and 123, then we turn them loose in the world and prepare for the next boot camp to get those people to do abc and 123.

It is a bit of a vague idea, but I am putting it out for consideration. Some way for like minded people with like goals to start together and go through together. Action Groups.

In any case, we are doing really well and just starting,

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Dana Cassell
    Participant

Don’s right – navigation is critical. If it isn’t easy to locate a prior message in order to return for follow-up, the ability to help can be short-changed – and the person asking for help may not receive as much as they could have otherwise. A weekly topic focus might work if the info could be found and retrieved easily weeks or months down the road when someone needed it. To avoid gratis work, perhaps the rules could specify “advice” or “recommendations/suggestions” are OK, but not the “doing” of any work within the platform. Perhaps any “ambulance chasers” could be handled on an individual basis by Sean, at least until determined it was indeed more of a problem than expected.

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

One of the things I tried to do “early on” was click on the name of someone to see what else they had posted. That function didn’t exist, but I wondered if it should.

It could be just one more bell or whistle, but I was thinking that if you could see these things all in one place, then it might help to build up a picture of someone more quickly.

This would be especially true for newcomers.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bruce

so at this time you should be able to click on a picture of a member, in their reply or post, and see their profile.

Then click “forums” and when you do that, you could see topics, and replies and read through them.

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Kristin VanTilburg
    Participant

I think Ask Anything is way too broad. It is overwhelming and way too time consuming to go in there and look for stuff. I think categories are needed.

I was in a community once where networking was strictly prohibited EXCEPT under the networking tab. Under that tab people posted about their business and services, and in some cases offered special pricing (or free help) for community members.

Maybe there could be a tab for Help Needed too, and people could post there to ask for help.

There should be categories so that when you want to offer assistance it is pretty easy to find people to help in your area of expertise. Seems like having prepared categories like video, traffic, opt in pages, sales copy, facebook ads, etc, would streamline the process for givers to find help wanted requests.

Then another category for feedback, so you can post a link to something and it is quick for feedback providers to find someone who wants feedback in their area of expertise.

I was in a group similar to this once and there was so much interesting stuff mixed together with stuff that didn’t apply to or interest me, and it took a ridiculous amount of time to try to find anything useful. I had to withdraw from that group because it took too much time to ferret out useful stuff.

How many people are in PP now?

Kristin van Tilburg
    Stressed out? Overwhelmed?
    Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!
    www.StrategicSuccessMindset.com

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Just thinking out loud here, after reading some of the early posts ๐Ÿ™‚

So what I’m hearing is that however it’s organized, we need more granulation . . .categories, etc.

So my original thought was these sections:

Ask Anything (with subcategories, I started it general for momentum, so we wouldn’t have 20 categories with few posts each)

Members Offering Help Section

Members Offering Training (like downloads, etc)

And a Section where you can advertise your coaching, products, etc

So 4 sections . . each having a specific way in which they help

And then perhaps in each of those sections, we organize things by topic . . .

But a possible alternative – this is just me thinking out loud, I’m not sure if this would be too noisy . .

but have all the sections organized instead by topic, then have all the helps components under each topic:

for example, an email campaign section

in that section, one could:

ask questions

get help

you could offer help

there could be a place for YOU to post training YOU’VE created on email campaigns

Keep in mind, for those of you who are thinking, ok, I’m not just a member who is going to help in one topic, and I’m building . . .

but perhaps you are very skilled at a topic, say, video marketing, or email campaigns . .

and you are thinking, how can I leverage PreneurPal to find clients, to create a presence . . that’s coming . . .

There will be signatures, a place for you to advertise, etc

But I really want to get the organization right FIRST before rolling all that out!!!

Thanks for helping, folks!

And to re-iterate, what are your thoughts on these two ideas:

So my original thought was these sections:

Ask Anything (with subcategories, I started it general for momentum, so we wouldn’t have 20 categories with few posts each)

Members Offering Help Section

Members Offering Training (like downloads, etc)

And a Section where you can advertise your coaching, products, etc

So 4 sections . . each having a specific way in which they help

And then perhaps in each of those sections, we organize things by topic . . .

But a possible alternative – this is just me thinking out loud, I’m not sure if this would be too noisy . .

but have all the sections organized instead by topic, then have all the helps components under each topic:

for example, an email campaign section

in that section, one could:

ask questions

get help

you could offer help

there could be a place for YOU to post training YOU’VE created on email campaigns

Which do YOU like?

Pros and cons???

Sean

Sean

Elaine Guinn
    Participant

I’m with Don on this one. Since I depend upon the business I’ve already established for the majority of my income, I have to spend a certain amount of time each week on creating the products my list purchases and maintaining the websites I have now.

I’m trying to learn how to expand what I have now into my BIG DREAM from Sean and this forum. Then I’ll have more time, knowledge and experience to share… which I’m more than willing to do.

I don’t want another Facebook-type site. I need serious training and help. While I do have a business Facebook page, I don’t really participate much in social media. In fact, to be honest, I get very frustrated with it. Too much trivia, too many scammers.

Instead, I’d like to see areas where you can focus on subjects you wish to learn: Membership Sites, Coaching, WordPress Training, Content Creation, Marketing (different types… online & offline), Sales Funnels, Squeeze Pages, etc. These are just some suggestions I’d like to see.

A good search engine would help a lot.

And, in each section, people could sign up as a resource if they wish, listing their particular expertise and whether or not they would have to charge for their assistance. (This suggestion may not be appropriate for this site… I’m not sure. While most of us will gladly help if and where we can… there’s a limit if you have a lot of other obligations.)

Much of this is already available on this site, but since focus is an issue for me, the more organized the subjects and the people who can really be of help would be valuable to me.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

The thing that springs to mind when reading all these suggestions is that most people don’t have three-foot monitors.

I have a 15.5″ laptop with a 27″ external monitor plugged into it.

I use the big monitor for all writing and posting, unless I’m in a coffee shop.

So whatever the organization of these different sections turns out to be, it needs to be navigable on a smaller screen.

Menus and submenus might be a better way to do that rather than columns and sections on a page.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Norma Allen
    Participant

“And a Section where you can advertise your coaching, products, etc”

Would this be the place to advertise that we are looking for JV’s? I think it would be great if we could recommend each other’s products to our lists, as we get to know each other.

I have met and friended several people, but I have no idea what some folks do, since they haven’t completed their profile pages.

Perhaps, as Kristin mentioned, we could use a Networking section for those who are interested in promoting each other’s work. Or maybe a JV section?

Thank you for your hard work that’s making this all possible, Sean.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

Sean,

I think your idea of organizing this forum could work, but perhaps it needs to be more granular (if that is possible within the constraints of the technology). So what I am thinking is kind of a hybrid of your suggestion in addition to Kristin’s idea. This could look like this:

HELP NEEDED
    –> Video
    –> Copywriting
    –> Grammar (yes,it IS important!!!)
    –> Email writing/Email marketing
    –> Advertising
    –> Facebook
    –> Google
    –> Offline
    –> (other forms)
    –> Traffic

HELP OFFERED/I CAN HELP WITH
    –> Video
    –> Copywriting
    –> Grammar
    –> Email writing/Email marketing
    –> Advertising
    –> Facebook
    –> Google
    –> Offline
    –> (other forms)
    –> Traffic

FREE TRAINING/DOWNLOADS (same structure as above)

PAID TRAINING (same structure as above) that could (if members wanted) be at discounted rates for members of this community.

Those who are offering help gratis would have to know how much they can offer for free without becoming resentful or neglecting paying clients, and then after that point, they could point the person being helped to the thread where they have their offers listed.

I also like Scott’s idea of action groups.

I think that one thing that would make the most sense (please no tomato-throwing at me, ladies and gents) is that the person who is doing the helping/training should be already doing the thing they are helping with, and if possible earning an income from that thing. This way the advice is not theoretical, but something that the person has done before. Being paid for it also means that they have sold someone on their expertise. I realise that this would probably not be a popular idea, but one thing I see in a lot of FB groups is that you have people who are just learning advising others who are just learning, and it can cause confusion. So, for example, if someone has helped with editing and/or proofreading a book, he/she would be able to advise someone better than someone who has not actually done that. If someone is successfully getting results with FB ads,then that person can teach/help others to do the same.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Some really good information and answers here so I won’t repeat only add, if there was a way to be able to know when someone has commented on the same Question (and you can choose or not choose to receive notification about this).

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I’m broadly with you on your suggestions. But I would temper them with the wisdom that Don Sturgill brought to the table. We desperately need more structure, even at this early stage, it’s difficult to keep up with all the new questions. I personally have spent at the very least a couple of hours daily, since I joined, trying to add something useful to the question threads I have commented on, and reading and taking in the points raised by others.

We must respect that some people within the group are already running online businesses, and their time is money, so to speak. I stand here with only a bunch of ideas, no business, and a lot of research to do, so at some stage I too will have to prioritize my own stuff, otherwise I won’t get anything off the ground.

I don’t have any suggestions as to what format future changes should take, but we should avoid, at all costs, information overload and getting lost in a quagmire of information, regardless of how useful it may be. So an easy to use Navigation system is, perhaps, the most vital step at all and at the earliest opportunity.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

If all the sections are going to be visible simultaneously, then the sections should be bordered, and the headings bigger.

I’d also like to see a different color. Blue, for instance, rather than red.

Bruce Hoag PhD

All of you have some really great ideas and have clearly taken the time to fully think them through! The way that Suzanne has broken it all down looks like it could really work.

I do understand the need for there to be people who have actually done what they’re advising others to do in the “I can help” section, but I do think it is also very helpful and crucial for everyone to have a voice – whether or not they have any experience at all.

Everyone in this community has something to say and offer regardless of their experience in IM. As Sean always says… Anyone Can Coach. Let’s not forget that spirit in here! We don’t want this to be some exclusive club for experts only. We want to make this a place for all serious people who have the burning desire to make a living online.

It is thanks to my experience with giving my “inexperienced” feedback here in PreneurPal for 2 days in a row that I discovered how helpful I actually am. This boosted my confidence so much, that I actually took the plunge and started seriously building my website (squeeze page, included).

ANYONE CAN COACH.

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

We’re all experts at something, Claire.

Quite often, however, someone else has to tell us what it is.

We’re usually looking somewhere else. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bruce Hoag PhD

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

Claire,

I love the spirit in which you posted your reply. My suggestion was not made to dissuade people from being helpful. What it was designed for was to figure out who is good at what, and have them help in that way. Yes, Sean does say that anyone can coach. And as Bruce said, everyone is an expert in something. One person’s expertise may be FB traffic, another’s may be grammar, and another’s may be helping to brainstorm ideas. What I was trying to say is that while opinions are useful, particularly as entrepreneurs and possibly even being potential members of a particular niche, those who are more experienced in, for example, FB advertising, would be better able to teach that, than someone who has opinions but who hasn’t actually run any ads.

There are posts here that I have chosen not to comment on, not because they aren’t interesting, but because they are about things I haven’t read about, or done. It doesn’t mean I can’t express an opinion, but if we are opening a format up where people are actually asking for help, particularly where they might be spending money (traffic, advertising, etc.) and not just discussing things, then it may be more helpful to listen to folks who have some idea about the subject, so that we don’t create confusion. I’m not trying to be elitist at all. I hope that makes sense.

David Smallman
    Participant

I always loved listserv and subscribing to the topics that I was most interested in… still on a few Yahoo lists. But everyone is very focused on just one micro-topic that way and the messages are all archived and searchable and you can opt to receive every message or just a weekly digest or not at all but hit the archives once in a while.
    Some way of adapting that idea here might be interesting but technologically Iยดm not sure how.

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

This is the reason I joined Preneurpal to help others and even get a little help myself.

I have tutorials and products I would like to share with the group.

I want to thank you all for contributing to this endeavor, I feel like this is going to be special!

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

A Place to but tools that could help others

Maybe a section where we could like tools that others could use such as photos, plugins how to etc

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar