Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Membership Platforms

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Membership Platforms

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Don Sturgill
    Participant

There’s a zillion membership platforms, and the field is constantly changing. Is it best to go with a WordPress plugin or pay more for an independent platform that’s offsite?

• Author
    Replies

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

Don,

Do you have some in particular that you are looking at?

Don Sturgill
      Participant

Suzanne, the two on top of my list right now are Invanto and Wild Apricot.

Suzanne Sukhram
      Participant

Aha… I have not heard of those. I just recently bought Andrew Hunter’s Membersonic Pro. It is a WP plugin. The folks I use for my themes and other things WP use Member Mouse, which is another plugin, which seems to work well also.

James Dudley
    Participant

I’ve done great with wordpress and wishlist member so far. Maybe when you reach “frank kern” status you need more but for right now That’s all you need.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Did you measure page load time before and after the plugin, James? I’m wondering how much effect there is.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Don, I use membersonic and have found it very good, easy to use and versatile

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Robert Mason
      Participant

Hi Tina, I am just about to install Membersonic, so it is good to hear that you are pleased with it. Thank you.

Melody Jackson
    Participant

I think it’s important to know what you want your membership to manage. Is it going to be a site that offers individual paid courses? Or is it a membership site with a community like this? Or is it a paid membership that you post new content to each month?

What kind of membership are you planning to do?

Leslie Leftley
    Participant

Hi Don, I have had access to a total Marketing platform called BuilderAll for the past 6 months. It is a monthly subscription platform which included hosting and a built in autoresponder. Now officially it is still in semi/Beta stage, but it is good to go and improving in leaps and bounds daily. It can easily be utilsed as a membership site and includes a funnel maker.

Sean’s platform class covered this topic so well… I really recommend it. I’m about to re-listen to the last class to get the names of the membership plugins that he recommends. There are 3, but none of you have named them. I really love the simplicity and versatility of WordPress – why go any other way?

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Susan Parnaby
    Participant

Another vote for Membersonic here. It is easy to use. There was a short period when support was slow but AH had the integrity to explain why. He also did what he could to overcome the issue. In fact he was obviously upset about the situation which mercifully resolved itself. Not perfect but very human and worth doing business with.

Susan

God's Lily is "a voice for those frustrated by the slow progress towards a fair society where the needs of the weakest are met in a way that it strengthens them rather than weakens them further" . If that includes you then hop on over and have a look around. If you like what you see it would be a good idea to sign up to receive our blog broadcasts. Oh and you will get a couple of pdf files that explain the what and why behind the site when

Scott Hogue
    Participant

You are going to laugh at me (go ahead, I can’t hear it) but I use edublogs pro for $15 a quarter.

My membership is basically a blog with content and links to my Amazon cloud storage.

You can password protect the pro version (yes $15)

It has a forum page or section.

Dozens of themes.

I put the new month’s password into my thank you section on the receipt.

When I get really big…. I guess I will out grow it.

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Leslie Leftley
      Participant

Hi Scott, Great shout out, and at a very affordable price. When one is on a severely tight budget, such as myself, shared information like that can really make the difference. This is just one reason why this forum could turn out to be worth its weight in gold.

Dana Cassell
    Participant

Another vote here for Membersonic – not only is Andrew conscientious about support, but they do updates as needed and have new features coming online very soon, so they are keeping up with owners’ ever-changing needs. It allows dripping of content as well as membership levels. The Facebook group has some helpful user-participants, also.

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

Don Sturgill
    Participant

That’s the first I’ve heard of Membersonic. Thank you all. My concern with a plugin is drain on site speed. Has anyone checked page load time with and without the plugin activated?

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

It depends on a lot of things.

For example, do you have a budget? Or, do you have the technical know-how that might be necessary to get a particular platform to work.

A good question to start with is, what do you want the platform to do?

Find the best one available that does what you want. If you have the budget and / or technical expertise needed to make it work, then get it.

Otherwise, choose the next best thing.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Bob Moore
    Participant

Thanks for this thread. I was going to post this exact same thing. Many of the membership platforms I’ve come across either require taking out a second mortgage or having a doctorate in computer programming.

Two that I’ve found that are pretty user friendly are Membersonic (mentioned numerous times in this thread) and MemberHub, which came out in August 2016 (I think).

Another rather simple one I have access to is MemberPal, but if you have issues with WordPress, this probably isn’t for you.

It would be great if someone finds a platform that you can actually figure out and doesn’t cost a fortune. I’ll be keeping an eye out here.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Elaine Guinn
    Participant

A little bird told me that there will soon be step-by-step training program on how to create a membership posted on this site very soon.

Come to think of it, it was a bigger bird we all know…

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I don’t use membership software yet.

Right now, there’s no need.

To me, that’s key.

If you have a business that makes you a living and you want to add a membership component to it, then do so; but if you’re just starting, you don’t need one.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar