Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

New Year Results

Home Page Forums Ask Anything New Year Results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Hogue 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Last year I posted my new year’s resolution of spending thirty minutes a day on my body and I invited others to post their resolutions.

The last time I looked there were no other new year’s resolutions. In fact, most people were sort of anti new year’s resolution.

Of course everyone is free to be pro or anti just about anything, but my question is, “How is being against New Year’s resolutions helping you?”

I am down 9.2 pounds and have worked out every day of the year. At this point I feel like I am living in a different body than I was at the end of the year. Down two belt loops, have more energy and actually feel different.

We have had single digit weather, our van broke down, I had a bad chest cold there for about 5 days, the grandchildren were here a lot while their mother moved, but I worked out a minimum of thirty minutes a day doing P90X-3 anyway.

Now how did I get myself to do it?

I installed a belief.

I kept thinking on it, writing down my goals, what it would mean to achieve my goals and what it would mean if I didn’t achieve my goals.

I finally came up with this belief, “It will hurt me more not to do this than it will to do it.”

Your first belief is “I can!”
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

You start to allow yourself to entertain the idea you just might be able to do it.

You can probably find other people that have done the same thing with more difficulties to overcome than you have.

Then you get it all down on paper, the reasons, the feelings, what it would mean, everything-get really clear.
    Then convince yourself with all of that if you don’t do this it will hurt you more than if you do and the upside is fantastic!

It is never too late to make a New Year’s resolution…
    Best to all,
    Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

• Author
    Replies

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Delighted to hear that you’ve done so well, despite the challenges, Scott.

I wish my colds lasted only five days. 😉

I’ve had a virus for 12 days. It seems half the country has it. The nurse told me today that, generally, it takes five weeks to clear. Now that I’ve got the right inhaler and some drops for conjunctivitis, I think I’ll be back to normal quite soon. But, I haven’t been able to sleep properly for a week.

I’m thankful to God that I did get sick. It didn’t keep me off work for more than a day and a bit, but that’s because I’m left on my own in a quiet, warm office. There’s no way that I could’ve done anything other than sit, and even that was too much for a few days. I missed the services on Sunday and two Wednesday evenings, too.

Nevertheless, getting sick forced me to slow down, to think and to reflect, and for that, I’m thankful.

When I’m well enough, I’ll start exercising again. Right now that’s not possible.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

1 user thanked author for this post.

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Monthly?

I am pretty established with my exercise routine and that resolution. By the end of the month I think it will be a firmly set habit.

I know I am going to press my rapport with a few people, but I am starting to think about Monthly Resolutions.

As in…Wait for it:

What is your New Month’s Resolution?

30 days give or take to establish a new habit, to change some aspect of your life, to accomplish something in your business, your family, your health, finances, whatever fits.

Even if you didn’t complete it in a month, you could make a plan, get started, set a habit, see progress.

If you did this for a year, where would you be in 2019? Where could you be?
    Just about anywhere you wanted.
    Really.

Best to all,
    Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar