Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Page Builder of Choice

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Page Builder of Choice

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Malik Ahmad 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Moore
    Participant

Okay, I have to come clean here. I own pretty much all of the “popular” page builders. I’m just curious what you have had the most success with.

For me, I like Optimize Press 2.0. I find it to be pretty simple and user-friendly (at least for me). I’m sure it’s not for everyone and some will disagree. Cool. I also own Profit Builder, Landing Page Monkey, InstaBuilder, InstaTheme, and probably a bunch others I can’t even remember right now. (Yikes! That seems to scream of Shiny Object Syndrome).

What platform do you use, and what do you see as the pros and cons?

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

• Author
    Replies

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Weebly, I hate wordpress, it goes way back, they say I need therapy for it. Changing to something else was cheaper and actually worked to get sites up.

Hated godaddy. A month after I left I got an email from support that my problem had been that although I did use a browser they supported, I had a newer version than worked with their page builder. A little too little and a little too late.

Fatcow lost my website and denied I ever had one, sent them a screen saved shot and they said well, we might be wrong. That was the extent of their technical support.

Weeebly can be a bit strange. Before you publish you should always click on another frame than you just edited, if not you may lose your changes.
    They also change their interface often because they know you want to have to learn how to do some simple thing all over again.

Surprisingly, your result may not look just like what you published. Fonts, spacing, etc, but at least it publishes.
    So, it is the best of what I have worked with. You can open an html box and do your code thing. They link well to my Amazon Cloud services for files. They have tons of templates, you simply pick a theme and click on it to make a blog. They have contact forms you can do a moderate amount of customizing with.

my personal opinion based on my experience,
    No wordpress plugins were harmed in this post…

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

I love Thrive Themes. I will admit to some overwhelm, though, because I am a member and so I have access to the entire suite of plugins. They are planning to come out with a tutorial that will take someone from A-Z in building a website and I cannot wait. They have great tutorials for their plugins and features; I just need one that takes me from the beginning to the end quickly without overwhelm. I find that I get overwhelmed more easily these days.

Apart from Thrive, I’ve only used basic WP. I’m still new to the whole website building thing, because every time I start afresh, life throws a massive curveball my way.

Bob Moore
    Participant

Another one I just remembered — Builderall. I got sucked in when it launched. I can’t really speak fairly as to whether it’s good or not. It sounded good at the time.

In all fairness, I haven’t really done anything with it. Does this sound familiar? It’s one of those things where you feel you have to have it, you buy it, and then you forget you have it. Then you go through your JVZoo purchases, and say to yourself, “Oh, yeah. I remember buying that. I’ll have to figure out how well that works.”

For those interested, I’ll give Builderall a fair shake and let you know my thoughts. For what it’s worth, I’ve heard good things about it. I think that’s what convinced me to take the plunge. Hopefully, I made a good decision.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I use WordPress with the Beaver Builder theme and plugin.

That’s the result of trying a lot of things.

I took a weekend course at a university to learn some basic HTML way back when.

Eventually found Dreamweaver. Remember them?

Then moved to WordPress. Tried a lot of themes.

Here’s something you should know.

I struggle with all the techy stuff.

I probably know enough CSS to wreck a site. LOL

The thing about Beaver Builder is that you can make a site that doesn’t look like it’s in WordPress.

Have you noticed? WordPress sites all look pretty much alike.

The tech support at BB is great, too.

I used OptimizePress for a couple of years, but they had a habit of upgrading their theme without updating their training.

And when I contacted tech support, it took longer and longer to get a decent reply. Sometimes it would take several messages for them to tell me what I needed to know.

A whole week would go by before I could solve something.

Bottom line is that if you’re comfortable with CSS and JavaScript, then you don’t have to be so choosy; but if the technical stuff is a challenge, then go with WP and BB.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Susan Parnaby
      Participant

After handcoding 2 or 3 sites I was really thankful to find WordPress. So much easier. I can do in a few hours what it used to take me a week to do. I still use some of the html and css I learnt at that time. Trying to do things like add a contact form was very hard now it can take a few minutes even with adding a plug in to do the work.

Finding the right theme for you is trial and error. There again fashions change and you can keep up with them more easily using a separate theme.

About a year ago I stumbled across someone doing a webinar on building sites using a plug in page builder by site origin. This is a plug in that uses a freeium model. I can do all I want to do with the free version. Their are a variety of page builder plug ins within the wordpress repository. It took me a litle while to be as comfortable using them as the demonstrator on the webinar but it has expanded the range of things I can do substantially. You never know it might not be long before WordPress includes some form of pagebuilder as part of its standard functionality.

God's Lily is "a voice for those frustrated by the slow progress towards a fair society where the needs of the weakest are met in a way that it strengthens them rather than weakens them further" . If that includes you then hop on over and have a look around. If you like what you see it would be a good idea to sign up to receive our blog broadcasts. Oh and you will get a couple of pdf files that explain the what and why behind the site when

1 user thanked author for this post.

Dana Cassell
    Participant

So glad you’re here, Bruce! I’ve previously used Instabuilder 2, but am trying to get started now with Beaver Builder for a new site – I know it’s not all that difficult, but it seems like the more I learn, the less I know and I’m getting serious stage fright with it! Have lots of tutorials and some add-ons that are supposed to make it easier/better, just have to get past this hesitation to the “just do it” stage.

Need anything written or edited?
    Writers-Editors Network
    is the place to go for editorial help from professional writers and editors

1 user thanked author for this post.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

WordPress StudioPress on the Genesis platform. No recurring fees. Excellent base for just about any project.

I know Sean loves Beaver Builder and I know it’s great tried and true WP plugin, but I decided to invest in the Divi Theme, instead, which comes with a visual builder plugin. It’s a one time payment (if you choose it, but so easy to upgrade without paying extra) with LIFETIME updates. I had a lot of technical problems at first, but I got it all sorted out with their tech chat which is very prompt and very extensive if that is the kind of help that you need. Divi so easy to use… once you get set up, you really don’t have to watch any tutorials because it’s all quite intuitive.

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

We use SiteOrigin in the day job, Susan.

I don’t like it.

Feels like I have to take a lot more steps to do something simple.

I also find their videos inadequate.

If you’re a techy, then it’s no sweat.

If you’re not, then you’re stuck.

And the customer service explanations are also techy.

Reminds me of my experiences with OptimizePress.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Dana,

There’s no reason to have stage fright. 😉

BB is uncomplicated, but powerful; and probably what is happening is that as you learn more about it, you’re beginning to see some of that power.

If there’s anything you don’t understand, then send a ticket to tech support.

I may know some of the answers off the top of my head, but you’re paying BB for their expertise.

You might as well use it.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bob Moore
    Participant

I know Sean is a big proponent of Beaver Builder. I’ve not really looked into it myself. I’m considering using it as a membership platform, however, as I know that’s what he uses.

I’m looking for something that doesn’t have a huge learning curve. I don’t mind Profit Builder, but there are a lot of moving parts. I see some people like InstaBuilder as well. I’ll probably look more closely into that as well, but I see that with somewhat of a learning curve also. Maybe I’m mistaken.

I should mention that I also have Profit Canvas (Brett Rutecky) and Online Sales Pro, although, truth be told, I haven’t really gotten too deep into either one. I’m comfortable now with OP2. I’ll branch out a little and test some others.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Onofrio Fiorentino
    Participant

Hi Everyone, Many years ago, when I first started dabbling with building websites, and I used HostGator as my hosting company, I used their built-in site builder which, interestingly enough they called: SiteBuilder.

It was a simple, basic builder and I’ve since moved on since I dumped Hostgator and took down those simple sites. I also have a basic understanding of HTML which comes in handy from time to time.

I, like you Bob, purchased Bilderall a while back when it first launched as I wanted the built-in hosting and locked-in price. And I have not needed to use it yet so I would like to know your thoughts on it once you’ve played around with it.

I have a few questions: What does Beaver Builder have that the others builders don’t have? Is it the best out there right now? Does anyone here know? Thanks in advance!

Bob Moore
    Participant

Onofrio,

I really need to dig in to Builderall. I’ve heard so many good things about it; that’s why I took the plunge. I intend to begin by creating a few squeeze pages with it. I have some ideas for a funnel as well.

I’ll probably experiment with it for that. Once I’ve toyed with it a little, I’ll report my thoughts and results here. Stay tuned.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Bob, I’m curious.

Why do you spend so much time trying out different page builders?

Is that what you sell?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bob Moore
    Participant

Truth be told, I like to see the different features of different ones. That’s why I posed this in the first place. I’m curious what features others are liking/using.

I know the creation of squeeze pages, sales pages, etc. is a huge niche. I’d love to create a builder of my own one day. Would it be better? Would it not? I don’t know right now.

Call it research at this point.

I think I have enough to go on right now. It’s just a matter of getting it done (just like everything).

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Bob, if you’re looking at them with a view to making that your primary business, then that’s okay; but if it only fills your time and prevents you from advancing your business, then it’s a distraction.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Why Beaver Builder is so good.

There are two things that I really like about Beaver Builder.

The first is that I can make my sites look the way I want them to.

All WordPress websites have the same layout.

You can spot them a mile away.

I didn’t want that.

The second thing is that I”m not an engineer. I’m a writer and a psychologist.

So technical stuff is a real challenge.

(I could have you rolling in the aisles telling you about the mishaps I’ve encountered trying to fix things.)

I certainly haven’t used all of the themes or page builders that are available, but I’ve looked at a lot of them, and my general impression is that the more flexibility you want, the more CSS and JS you’d better know.

Beaver Builder obviates all of that.

And their tech support is really good.

They will give me the extra code that I need and, tell me where it needs to go.

I may have mentioned this before, but I also use the BB theme.

The plugin is the page builder, but every website has to have a theme; and it made sense to me to get a theme that I knew would work with the plugin.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

I am also a fan of beaver builder plus I also use thrive themes. Things have come along way from building websites with html and these tools make it so easy to do. It used to take a week to build a 10 page website with all content, images etc. whereas now with these tools I can build one in a hour or two. I can now build a ecommerce site in a day. It has made it so much easier for online marketers to get online 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I have two page builders. I use leadpages and click funnels. I use leadpages more often then I do click funnels.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar