Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Thunder & Lightning in Cape Town busted all my resources

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Thunder & Lightning in Cape Town busted all my resources

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Eick-Jakiela 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Amien Jacobs
    Participant

Hi Sean and all members.

Around Wednesday 01 November Cape Town South Africa experienced an unusually powerful thunderstorm and lightning bolts from the heavens.

I had just joined your programme and was browsing through the members’ area in the early hours of the morning when a deafening thunderstorm and lightning bolt ripped through Cape Town and busted all my equipment – one Desktop PC, both my and my wife’s laptop, the wifi router and mobile phone on charge. Within a split second my entire home office equipment was destroyed.

I will be disconnected for at least another week or two as I am in the process of raising additional funds to help me set up again. I am currently using a borrowed very basic laptop (I have it for the next 24 hrs only) and using my mobile phone as a wifi hotspot. Mobile phone data in South Africa is very expensive and runs out quickly.

My sincere apologies that I am unable to contribute to the forum. Things happened so quickly. From time to time I will go to an internet cafe to keep up to date and contribute wherever possible. It’s an uphill journey for me right now though.

Kind regards

Amien Jacobs

• Author
    Replies

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Wow, Amien.

As we used to say in the old country, “What a bummer!”

We hope that you’ll be back with us soon.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Amiem, we will all be here when you get up and going again. Take care of yourself and your family 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Terrible experience, you have my sympathy.

On the other hand, according to Napoleon Hill there is always some unexpected seed of equivalent or greater benefit in the ashes of tragedy or difficulty.

I lost three hard drives this year, two at the same time. 8 tb of data. Some of the material was lost forever. The positive result is that I went to all of the old data dvd’s I had burned and hard drives on the shelf and when I reorganized with two 6 tb drives backing each other up, I am now more organized than ever, have my data on network storage so any device in the house can pull it up (Imagine a cellphone with access to the 4.8 tb I have on the 6 tb drive) I also have information I didn’t have on my working drives now at my finger tips and oddly enough, I found some family pictures, old documents and things I thought I had lost forever when I had a computer crash in 2008.

Never had more data organized before or easier to access.

Wishing you the best,
    Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

2 users thanked author for this post.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Amien

very sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I hope you are able to assemble things quickly and get back to work!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Norma Allen
    Participant

Hi Amien. I hope you can get back up and running again soon. Looking forward to better news from you in the future!

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I can truly sympathize with you, I lost everything during hurricane Harvey. As a matter of fact I am still not in my house, maybe the repairs will be done by January.

Stay focused and committed!

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Susan Parnaby
    Participant

A few years ago I left my computer on when I went out but when I got home again the internet and phone were not working. It turned out that while I was out of the area there had been a thunderstorm. Of course being out of the area I had not known about it. The storm had fried the modem. While the modem was connected the phone would not work either. I got the phone checked out only to be told I needed to get the modem fixed. Since then I have used surge protectors on as much electrical and phone equipment as I can. I would rather they took the stress of a surge than my more expensive equipment.

Talking of electrics did you know that if there is a brown out i.e. a serious drop in voltage that electric motors around the house can get burned out. For me that includes fridge, freezer and the central heating boiler. They will work but it will over-stress them. If you want to preserve such motors then it is better not to use them until the voltage has been restored. That has only happened to me once but I rang my dad who is a retired power engineer for his advice. He told me to switch off the fridge, freezer and boiler until the lights were bright again.

God's Lily is "a voice for those frustrated by the slow progress towards a fair society where the needs of the weakest are met in a way that it strengthens them rather than weakens them further" . If that includes you then hop on over and have a look around. If you like what you see it would be a good idea to sign up to receive our blog broadcasts. Oh and you will get a couple of pdf files that explain the what and why behind the site when

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I should’ve mentioned, Amien, that I was a USAF weather forecaster for awhile.

I like thunderstorms, but not when they’re as big as the one you experienced!

Bruce Hoag PhD

Amien Jacobs
    Participant

Fully up and running by Mon 27 Nov after hectic thunder & lightning Cape Town

Hi Sean and all members

My one man office will be fully operational by Monday 27 November 2017 thanks largely to the grace of God, your good prayers and to my son (Saadiq), daughter (Nuraan) and their friend who rallied to raise funds for replacement resources and blessed me with a birthday gift of a computer, laptop, backup drives, wifi router and a robust UPS surge protector. These will all be arriving next week.

Thank you Sean and all members for your support, and in particular to those who responded with messages of support.
    Bruce Hoag, Tina Fletcher, Scott Hogue, Sean Mize, Norma Allen, Malik Ahmad and Susan Parnaby.

WHERE DO I BEGIN?

Shoo ! Where do I start? I feel overwhelmed.

What’s your best advice?

I look forward to your input.

Kind regards

Amien

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Were you files preserved on your old computer’s hard drive, or did you have a backup?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Amien Jacobs
      Participant

Hi Bruce

80% of my files were preserved on my old computer’s hard drive. However, it cost me a pretty penny to salvage.
      Lesson learnt. I am now backing up regularly.

Thank you for your concern

Amien

Norma Allen
      Participant

Amien, I’m so glad to hear that you will soon be back up and running again.

My best advice: relax, take a deep breath, and make a list of what you need to do. Then prioritize and remember that you can only take one step at a time.

Norma Esler

Inspiration for Your Best Year Ever!

Amien Jacobs
      Participant

Appreciate your advice Norma

Hi Norma

Awesome, thank you.
      I shall heed your advice as I have to start somewhere meaningful.
      I’m sorry I’ve been missing out on so much
      Will be back in full swing next week.

Take care
      Amien

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

Hi Amien,
    I am glad you and your family have good and you are ok to get going again. I think you could do start with these several tasks.

I tend to give more to do advise (I hope this is okay)
    – Go to the First Fast Start Training – Do This First section and Click on Introduction and listen to the audios here (great to get focused again)
    – Pick 2 forum questions that you could help and comment (make you feel proactive)
    – Go do Sean’s Lesson 1 and act on that (if you have already done that add it to “Promote Your Landing Page Here” and give a cheer)
    – Write a question that you have been always wondering about in the forum and watch the help come in

It doesn’t matter how long it takes (depending on your time frame) but after a hard time taking structure action seems to bring you back into focus so you can move forward again 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Amien Jacobs
      Participant

Thank you Tina

Hi Tina

Thank you lots for listing some of the activities you feel is important for me to start with
      This helps greatly as it gives me some direction.
      I’ll start off taking a deep breath and just relax as Norma suggests.

Many thanks for your effort.

Take care
      Amien

Hi Amien,
    Glad you’re back, and what a blessing from your family!

If you’ve already got your niche/product/funnel in mind, use the week to start with a blank slate and write/draw them out. This will help you focus so when everything arrives, you can go straight to work with newfound clarity! Also, it allows you to work on things without having to be AT a computer to do it.

For other reasons I’ve had an idea but no computer before (weather; computer died; couldn’t pay the internet bill – whatever). Mapping it all out on paper helped me feel I was being productive, even during my dry spell. You can draw out your funnel, write your ebook/emails by hand, make notes about your plans for your course…etc.

If you haven’t gotten that far…no niche, product, ebook, etc…I agree with Tina’s advice above. Do the trainings while you wait, and then you can figure out a specific action plan for when everything does arrive.

Sounds like you have some good kids who make good friends too 🙂

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar