Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Using Linkedin

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Using Linkedin

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Mize 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Replies

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

What is your niche, Scott? As far as I understand and have heard, LinkedIn may not not appropriate for all niches.

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

SUzanne, I think you are right. Scott, are you active on Linkedin now?

I think LinkedIn is really great for people in service industries like coaches and consultants. You reach out and let everyone know what you do and get rewarded by the relationships that you develop.

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Scott Hogue
    Participant

To answer questions,

I am a Strategic Life Coach. I tackle about any problem that I don’t think I will run up on legal issues with.

I have a profile on Linkedin for one of my offline businesses. I have a small health and financial services company.

Thank you,

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Scott

I don’t use linkedin much.

But if you were to follow my protocol for developing traffic on a “platform”, you would do this:

1) find the 20 people on linkedin who have the most traffic, connections, and appear to be using it commercially.

2) evaluate exactly what they are doing

3) determine the 3 parts of linkedin that you can use to create viral components

4) build in those parts and tell everyone you know – in short, network like crazy

once you’ve done steps 1-3, list them here, and ask me to give you the next step

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

1 user thanked author for this post.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Don’t forget that you can publish articles on LinkedIn. It’s possible to get some traction and reach your audience like that (assuming your audience is active on LinkedIn). I advise clients to pick no more than three primary social sites to focus on. If LinkedIn is one of those … great. If not, don’t worry about it.

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Scott, as a Life Coach, I think Linkedin could be a good platform for you. You could use it to make contacts for personal coaching, but you might also be able to make connections for group coaching in companies. I have a pretty large network (25,000,000+) so connect with me if you are going to try Linkedin. A lot of my network comes from the executive search community, so they are well connected in the broader business community as well.

Sean, thanks for the platform strategy reminder!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Good answers. I am on Linkedin and it looks like it would be good for something, but I am struggling figuring it out.

I will make a to do note on Sean’s protocol.

Jan thanks, we sometimes forget that as coaches we can have business clients. I signed up for a coaching placement service, but they had ridiculous expectations.

They didn’t realize Tennessee was such a wide state and wanted me to be on one end in the morning and the other in the afternoon!

Then they wanted me to travel to New York on my dime for a few hours at my local rate.

I kind of put business coaching on the back burner after dealing with them.

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Scott, look for a group on Linkedin with a geographic focus that is close to you. Also, for local marketing, I recommend putting together a short presentation for local service groups, like Rotary, Lions Club, Kiwanis, etc. Rotary clubs have a speaker each week, and I think the others do too. Easy way to meet the local business leaders and also to get referrals. You can ask for a referral to a Rotary member in the local Linkedin group to find the program chair who schedules the speakers. One more thing: Rotary has at least one online club — E club 1. I had done a couple of programs for them, but that was a while ago. Almost forgot: Rotary speakers generally have 30 min., so I’ve found about 20 min. presentation is best, to leave time for questions. And sometimes the meeting portion runs long, so you won’t get cut off if you plan a bit shorter presentation.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

One of the things that makes LinkedIn special is that when you send an email, it’s likely to be opened.

And so you could use that one benefit as a way to build a relationship with people.

It is a one-on-one way to do it, but depending on your business, I know that it can be effective.

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

I want to bring this post back to life . . .

I think it’s one of the strongest threads this week because it really digs into a hidden source of very high quality traffic – and that’s why linkedin can charge so much for advertising there!

But as Don mentioned, you can write articles and get noticed there.

And as Bruce says, direct email is likely to be opened.

So if your niche lends itself to linkedin prospects . . . give it a second thought as part of your 5-prong strategy for engagement traffic.

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar