Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Virtual Assistant

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Virtual Assistant

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Hogue 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Kristin VanTilburg
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a reliable virtual assistant or VA service?

Kristin van Tilburg
    Stressed out? Overwhelmed?
    Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!
    www.StrategicSuccessMindset.com

• Author
    Replies

Have you tried Fiverr? I don’t believe in “slave labor,” but that is where you might find the best price. All the reliable ones would have the highest ratings. Here is the link: https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=%E2%9C%93&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=everywhere&query=virtual+assistant

♥ Coach Claire

NichirenBuddhistShaman.com

Discover the joy in every situation...

FREE full reading of your choice - for members only!

Suzanne Sukhram
    Participant

Claire,

What do you mean by “slave labor”?

Kristin VanTilburg
    Participant

I’m still hoping someone will recommend a VA…or a reputable VA company. If not, we all need to learn to delegate more! LOL!

Kristin van Tilburg
    Stressed out? Overwhelmed?
    Visit my website to receive a free 5 day email mini-class in dealing with overwhelm!
    www.StrategicSuccessMindset.com

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Join the Entrepreneur’s Academy on Facebook. I know that there are VAs in there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/INTLENTREPRENEURSACADEMY/

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Bruce makes a good suggestion. You can find VA’s in many places. The trick is selecting one that will work well for you. If budget is low and you have to outsource overseas, look to the Philippines rather than to India or Pakistan or Africa or anywhere else. I could make some inquiries for you, if you wish.

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

Hi Kristin,

I have not tried them yet but https://www.fancyhands.com was recommended to me.
    They work on a subscription basis. You get a specific number of request per month, depending on your subscription level.

I have used fiverr (it’s not always 5 bucks) and freelancer.com.
    Like anything you need to try a few to see if they will work for you (or not).

I find most people at fiverr are pretty straight forward and I’ll usually email them with what I’m looking for before I ever purchase a gig.

I’ve also hired local teens and stay at home moms for things.

Hope this helps!

Julia

Have You Been Struggling, Thinking You Don't Have Enough Time To Build Your Business???
    What if "Not Having Enough Time" Was A Thing of The Past?

If You're Ready For a WHOLE NEW WAY of Thinking About Your "Available Time" Click
    ThisChangesTheGame.com and start finding the time you need to get your business off the ground, even if you time is limited.

JuliaRotgers.com

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Sean may be able to recommend a source, too.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Tina Fletcher
    Participant

I have previously got VA through https://www.onlinejobs.ph/ and I was happy with the girl I got, it was just for a one of project and she was happy for that. There is a fee to join, but even if you don’t use them they have a lot education and information on how to hire a VA. Hope this helps 🙂

All things Digital
    For Training https://www.onlinenowtraining.com/
    For Services https://digitalmia.com/

Suzanne, by “slave labor,” I am referring to all the many people from other countries on Fiverr and other sites who charge just $5 to do a project that takes more than an hour or so to complete. In their country, the U.S. dollar goes a long way, so they’re willing to work at such low “slave” wages. Yes, even though this has become common practice online, I consider this to be slave labor. There are so many people in our own country who are willing to do the exact, same thing, but cannot survive in our country for less than $10 / hour (minimum wage).

♥ Coach Claire

Leslie Leftley
      Participant

Hi Claire,

I broadly agree with your points on what is humane. But for all of that the more successful Fiverr operatives make most of there money by offering “add on” services, such as work completed as a priority, or bigger gigs offering more detailed work for $10, $20 $30 plus.

Kristin, I’m certainly not yet in a place in my business where I need a virtual assistant. Maybe when I’m making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, I’ll look into my options. When and if I were ever to decide to hire one, a virtual assistant would so very important to my business, so I would want to pay them top dollar. It is nothing other than hiring slave labor when you pay someone in another country $5 / hour. Sean is very successful, but I doubt he has a virtual assistant. I think it’s better to keep it simple and just do it yourself unless you are some multi-million dollar corporation.

♥ Coach Claire

Leslie, it’s true that I may not be aware of all that’s available on Fiverr since I’m not in the market for a lot of the services there. It’s good to know that Americans can make a decent living on Fiverr. That’s great. Going way low on the price on an in-demand item and then offering add-on services – that’s a really great marketing strategy!

♥ Coach Claire

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Virtual Assistance League

This one, Tina Forsyth, was recommended by Tim Ferriss in his book, The Four Hour WorkWeek.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Slave/Child Labor

The slave/child labor issue is a tough one and complicated.

I have been places where they ended child labor and the children starved, at least they fed them before. Now they have no use for them and in some cases even kill them when the factories or sweatshops are shut down.

When you end child labor and cut the legs out from under the table, you had better have some new legs in place to support the table.

Reminds me of a zoo in a developing country where tourists were taking pictures of endangered species animals that looked in very poor condition. The country was getting complaints, so they just killed the endangered animals, no more embarrassing pictures.

I am friends with several families from India and in touch with a local missionary there, what we call slave labor wages here may be making a family middle or upper class in that particular area.

It is a tough issue in a tough world, where in some countries people often maim children so they are more effective beggars.

I had an android virtual assistant, which is quite different than having a person, but it is amazing how they are advancing. I bought the lifetime subscription and of course, they soon closed the company.

I could be writing an article on the laptop and vocally asking it on the tablet to find information on things pertaining to the subject. Was a help in time saving and efficiency for research.

Of course we have Apple, Google and Microsoft to use their Artificial Intelligence, but it is creepy when you just want to know something about diabetes for something you are writing and then everywhere you go they market diabetic medication to you for a month.

best,

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar