Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

What do you hope to get out of this group?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What do you hope to get out of this group?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Eick-Jakiela 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

We all respect Sean.

We’re here, not only because of that, but because we believe in this project.

Two things are implied.

One is that we want to help each other.

The other is that we hope to gain something for ourselves.

This second one is the elephant in the room, and that’s what I’d like to hear about.

So instead of pretending that it’s not there, let’s talk about it.

What do you hope to get out of this group?

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

• Author
    Replies

Don Sturgill
    Participant

I find that my ideas take form when they’re shared, Bruce. I hope to better clarify my own work by getting thoughts outside of my head and down on this digital paper. PLUS … I learn from the experience of others.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

I hope to learn from others and get answers/referrals/ideas when I have a problem, and help where I can. I believe in “give to get,” give to others and it will come back to you. People who are only in it for themselves tend to disappear quickly.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

This is a great start.

If there was a Like button, then I’d click it. 🙂

I hope that I can give people a depth of understanding about the things they’re thinking about that exceeds what they can get elsewhere and, I make no apologies for saying that I also hope that I can get some new business as well.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Bruce, how do you describe your ideal client? I’ll be happy to scout for you!

Elaine Guinn
    Participant

In addition to gaining the knowledge I need to further my goals, I hope I can contribute in some small way to someone else’s success.

Bob Moore
    Participant

First and foremost, I see this as a place to help others and receive help at the same time. I like the accountability aspect as I find myself drifting too often. It got to a point where I would come home from work (as a teacher), watch five or six tutorial videos, and feel as if I spent the last two hours working on my business. Don’t get me wrong — education is important, but if you do nothing with it, it’s useless. For some reason, it took me a long time to get over that hurdle. I’ve gotten better, but I think this is the place that will give me the push I need.

Second, I’m hoping to get some product ideas and information for blog posts. After all, we’re here because we want to make money as well as provide help, right? I really believe the latter to be more important, though. I’ve been told that if your focus is on helping people, the money will come. If you’re just looking to make money and that’s all you’re chasing, you’ll spin your wheels. I’m tired of spinning my wheels.

Unlock the key to earning thousands per day. Leads, sales, and profits await. Click here.

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

That’s very kind of you Jan. Maybe we can talk about some kind of a Finder’s Fee for you.

It’s also a really tough question to answer, LOL.

My strengths lie in deep thinking and reasoning. I ask questions that no one else seems to.

In museums, for example, the most common answer I get when I ask something is, “No one has ever asked me that before.”

Now I’m telling you this is because I like to write about topics that have a lot of scope for talking about why people do what they do and what they should do differently.

So, for example, I’ve written a lot about leadership, management, organizational change, employee motivation, etc.

In the IM world, that takes the form of what’s holding you back? Why do you think A is true of you? Why are you distracted? Why do you procrastinate? What should you do differently in order to get past these obstacles?

You can see that all of this is appropriate for entrepreneurs, which is my target audience.

I could refine that further to online entrepreneurs, IM-ers in particular, though not necessarily exclusively. And of course people such as management consultants and those who have small businesses and are struggling to know how to manage their people.

Is that specific enough for you?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Carol Bremner
    Participant

I think the mutual encouragement and brainstorming are what I most want to see.

Gregory Bey
    Participant

Hi:

There are several benefits by being a part of this group.

*Sharing ideas with like minded Entrepreneurs

*Benefiting from the experience of other Entrepreneurs

*Discovering ideas on creating unique products or services

Meeting others you can help and they are willing to help you

*Saving money by getting free advice of others who have experience on a subject you may want to know about

Gregory Bey

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

yes, Bruce, you are great at asking questions no one else does . .

and this is another great question!

good to see folks’ answers!

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
    Participant

Bruce, that’s a good start for me. I’m sure I’ll have additional questions moving forward.

Scott Hogue
    Participant

The knowledge to better help people.
    The satisfaction that I have.
    My retirement.

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Why would you want to retire, Scott? 😉

As long as you’re having fun and you’re healthy enough to carry on, why stop?

Bruce Hoag PhD

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Who said retirement can’t be fun? 😀

I plan on doing some of the things I am doing as long as I live or can, but others I would quit today if I could.

The problem now is most of the money would stop if I quit them and it would be less than I want to live on and fund my Church charities with.

After a few family and personal tragedies, I am not rich anymore, financially comfortable, but not financially rich anymore.

After the tragedies I realize that you don’t know how much money you will need.

You don’t know when a drunk driver will hit your family and spend over half a million of your money over a 2 second car wreck. I didn’t know life flights are $30,000 each and there is no volume discount. You don’t know when a surgeon will have a bad day and you can’t work for over a year or a family member will come down with cancer and the uncovered expenses are hundreds of thousands. You don’t know how much money your grandchild with a birth defect will need or your widowed mother will need for medical care. You don’t know when an insurance company will cancel you or say you reached your lifetime benefit cap.

They are worth so much more than the money, but if I hadn’t had the money, they would have got the best care charity could provide, not the best care money could provide and that can be a life and death difference.

So I am working on being rich again.

Some things I would do until I can’t, but I would retire the others and raise the grandchildren and call it playing with them.

I keep hearing I am not playing enough Minecraft… I would fix that.

Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Wow, Scott.

You’ve really been through it.

Zig Ziglar famously said that if you help enough other people get what they want, then you can have what you want.

So rather than focus on getting rich, instead devote yourself to helping as many as you can.

Easier said, than done – I know; but your motives are vital to your success.

Bruce Hoag PhD

Scott Hogue
    Participant

I totally agree Bruce. There is the longest word in the bible Maher-shalal-hash-baz. It means hastening after the spoil speeds the prey.
    When you are chasing people for their money, they run. Surprise!

When you are trying to help people they stand still.

The goal is not exactly getting rich again.

It is to help so many people that I am compensated richly.

or something like that,
    best to you and yours,
    Scott Hogue CChH

Scott Hogue CChH

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

Great topic, Bruce. I had to make notes to get my thoughts in order.

The selfless part: I’m an encourager by nature, so I’ll try my best here in this active group.

The more selfish parts: I love being in a community of entrepreneurs, active users that engage.

Parts of my main site will be similar to what Sean has put together here. I wanted to see how he uses bbPress and BuddyPress especially, and see how he identifies the “givers.”

I get good feedback on content already, but I lack marketing feedback. I was pretty sure I could get that here.

I was inspired by Sean’s prior courses on big business, helping millions, the platform development class, and the GrenPico predecessor to this site. Likewise, I’ve seen what Josh Umbehr has done with his membership program for delivering conventional medical care. I’d like to take Umbehr’s model a step further and into the alternative healthcare world as an online membership system.

Finally, this site and group comes at a great time for me. I’m working on the lofty goals of (re-)creating inheritance for my kids and becoming world class again.

Mark

All About Health And Healing

I think I sort of answered this in another post, but here goes.

I hope to get, first of all, continued access to Sean’s expertise. I could probably just continue with the course I bought, because he really breaks it down, but there’s something about having continued instruction and feedback that I find useful.

Also, as what we do is a somewhat isolating and misunderstood experience, it’s helpful to interact with others who are doing it, which makes this forum invaluable. I used to frequent the Warrior Forum, for instance, in search of similar atmosphere. There, however, there are too many people asking stuff like “how do I get started?” and “how can I make $100 by tomorrow?” – that kind of stuff….along with people who are just there to spam their wares. (I actually think Warrior Forum is a shell of its former self these days…but, that’s another topic for another time.) I like that nobody here is going in blindly, precisely because we’ve all got Sean’s training. it’s a different playing field altogether, and the atmosphere reflects that.

Of course, the end goal is to strengthen my online business…bettering lives and hopefully creating some financial security in the process.

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

2 users thanked author for this post.

Bruce,
    Ha ha, nice one! 🙂 I think that’s true. We are all starting with the same great basic knowledge, at least (or the ability to obtain it).

I think paying for the forum actually helps weed out the fact that we are all serious about it. Like the old theory that a smoking cessation or similar support group will be more successful if you pay for it, because it will mean more to you.

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar