Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Which Phase Are You In?

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Which Phase Are You In?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Hoag 6 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello! I’ve been AWOL for a bit because I have been working on my site (hit a tech glitch because my recordings sound crappy, but that’s ok…I’ll get it sorted). My day job, which varies as far as how intense it is, got pretty demanding recently. And my first grandchild was born last week! <3

I realize not every one checks in here all the time, which may be due to your own busy lives, too. But, my tech issue got got me wondering: Which stage or phase are you in right now?

I’d like to take a little informal poll. Maybe this has been done, so forgive me, but I’m interested to know.

Which Stage/Phase are you in right now?

A. Still learning the basics (what niche to go into, defining your value, developing your funnel, mapping out how you want your online business to look)
    B. Construction stage – Actually building your site, writing your email followups and putting them in your autoresponder, creating videos/blog posts, etc?
    C. Already completed – maintaining your business that you’ve already built?
    D. Some combination of the above?

I am just curious. Thanks.

I Use Reviews
    Where I Only Review Internet Marketing Products and Programs
    I Actually Use, Or Have Used
    Visit My YouTube Channel!
    Follow Me on Twitter @IUseReviews

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

Hi, Jennifer. Good question.

I’m in B and C. I’m reconstructing the fourth iteration of a site that has been around since early 2001. The business was built around that time, too, and has morphed through the years. No surprise that things have changed with time, I guess.

Anyway, plowing through some tech issues, bringing a little bit of existing content back to life, getting my forums set up. Then getting my autoresponder set up…

Then focusing on LinkedIn for engaging with my doctors.

I am a sequence guy by nature. But ready, fire, aim is becoming more my mode these days.

Mark

All About Health And Healing

Malik Ahmad
    Participant

I am definitely in group D. I have a couple completed funnels and I am working on a new project which is in the B phase right now.

7 Figure Marketer Reveals...
    The Exact Blueprint He Used To Go From $0 Online To Millionaire Marketer In Just A Few Months! Get My FREE Guide.

Scott Hogue
    Participant

B C AND D… then I am probably doing a little A too…
    I have three businesses online and at various stages.

I know, people tell me to focus on one. But I have to pay the bills around here.
    So they are for the now and future.

Sorry to have a poor survey answer

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Congrats on the grandchild.
    If I Knew they were so much fun I would have had them first.

My youngest a granddaughter said gran da da the first time about a week ago.

She got what she wanted

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

2 users thanked author for this post.

Thanks Scott, it is amazing so far! It’s like having another child I didn’t have to give birth to! I can’t beat that! 😀
      I can totally relate to what you said…Mine is only a little over a week old, but needless to say, he is already wrapped around my little finger! 😀

I Use Reviews

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
      Participant

Scott, congratulations! I bet you’ll be a great grandfather!

Jan Sandhouse Hurst
      Participant

And Jen, lucky to have you for a grandmother!

Thanks for the responses so far. Like you, I’m past the A phase…it’s now the matter of working it out and getting it going.

(Not that there is anything wrong with being in phase A…if you’re reading this and you are, consider yourself lucky that you found Sean’s training, instead of getting stuck in an endless loop of bad training & advice!)

It’s also interesting to me that so many of you are working on multiple projects…I thought I was the only one who did that! LOL.

It’s very encouraging to be in a community of others who are not just talking, but DOING!

I Use Reviews

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

Hi Jen,

Great question!

I’m in the B -> C category.
    I have many things that are already completed and am still putting things together(I think that never stops).

One of my shortcomings was adding product launches into the email campaign.
    So that’s what I’m working on now.

This is also a great question for your clients.
    Knowing where they are in the game allows you to reach them where they are.

It’s all too easy to talk to someone where YOU are.
    But to relate to them where THEY are, that’s when you can really help them.

I call it “the curse of knowledge”.

The more you know, the more difficult it can be to reverse engineer the steps you already took.
    You forget the little things.

As a kid, one of my jobs was to look at my dad’s books with “new eyes”.
    He’d ask me to read them and pretend I knew nothing about the subject.

He’d have me think through;
    Was there something he missed?
    Are all the steps included?
    Could someone follow the process without needing additional information?

I can relate to the tech hang-ups! I think we all have them from time to time no matter how much we know.

Technology is fickle and sometimes we just have to find our way around it 🙂

Have You Been Struggling, Thinking You Don't Have Enough Time To Build Your Business???
    What if "Not Having Enough Time" Was A Thing of The Past?

If You're Ready For a WHOLE NEW WAY of Thinking About Your "Available Time" Click
    ThisChangesTheGame.com and start finding the time you need to get your business off the ground, even if you time is limited.

JuliaRotgers.com

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Tell us about your sound issues.

What’s wrong?

What have you tried thus far to fix it?

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I’m creating a new lead magnet for the sister site, trying to get on top of my schedule, and buying a house.

Oh, and I’m looking after the dog of some people I’ve never met from 23 Dec to 1st Jan. (Looking forward to that!)

Bruce Hoag PhD

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

On the audio, not that many people like the sound of their own voice. Some of us could listen to a sample and give you our take.

Or is it more of a technical issue?

Mark

Mark,
      No, I’ve had to get past the “sound of my own voice” issue, too – but that’s not it, this time! 😀
      But I unlocked the first session if you want to hear it (at least, I think it’s accessible), at:

Week 1: What Is Cognitive Therapy?

Feel free to give me an honest opinion of the sound.

I Use Reviews

Mark Rhodes
      Participant

Jenna,

I listened to the whole recording. 🙂 Two really simple thoughts.

1. I think your voice is so easy to listen to. Soothing even. Which is perfect for your topic.

2. I did hear the audio quality issue you were talking about. However, I might not have given it much thought at all if you hadn’t mentioned it above. I know you said sometimes it gets really bad, but this example is fine. AND the content supersedes the audio issue by far.

Mark

P.S. I sent you a message

Mark,
      Thanks so much! Audio aside, it really is nice to get some feedback on it, since I’ve not gotten any to this point on the content itself. It’s good to get a listener’s perspective, especially since I tend to think my voice itself can be quite sleep-inducing. Glad to know that isn’t the case! Soothing is good (it helps in my profession, for sure), but I’m not trying to become the next Sleep Whisperer. 🙂

I also thank you for your feedback regarding the audio, and glad to hear what you noticed. It validates my basic line of thought, which has been: That it isn’t 100%, but rather than tinker with it forever and wait to get it going, at least get *something* up, knowing I can always work on continuing to improve it. I think if this niche was MMO, it might sound suspect that I can’t afford a better sound card or whatever, LOL. But in this case, my only concerns are for it to be listenable and to sound professional enough for people to feel they got what they paid for. Of course, it *is* hard not to get frustrated, because I do want it to sound better, but again, as long as it’s not horrible, it’s something to start with. At least, that’s what I keep reassuring myself!

Again, I appreciate your listening to it and for your thoughts. I will check for your PM.

P.S. (Edit): Uh-oh, I just read your PM! But maybe my voice being that soothing to the point of sleep would be a good thing – if nothing else, my customers could overcome their insomnia just by listening? 😉

I Use Reviews

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

Jen, my voice is soporific, too.

That’s a good thing because it helps people to trust you and makes them relax.

Some people have grating voices and talk like they swallowed a machine gun. 😉

Bruce Hoag PhD

Bruce,
      That’s a good way to reframe it (and true)! I will definitely take sounding soporific over grating, any day! 🙂

I Use Reviews

Julie Ruiz
    Participant

Hi Jenna,

I have listened to your audio and I agree with Bruce. Your voice is VERY easy to listen to. I did notice a couple hiccups. If there are more, they seem to be further along in the recording and by that time the listener is well engrossed in the content so it doesn’t even seem register. At least that is what I thought. If there were more I was too focused on the content to notice! Good stuff!

Also, to answer the original post’s question, I am at the VERY beginning of phase A. 🙂

Julie,
      Thanks so much…I really appreciate the feedback!! Like I said, further up, you’re fortunate to get in at ground level now, and get the proper training from day one. I won’t even recount how much bad advice, misguided advice, and general scams I fell for along the way…who knows how much all that held me back to this point?!

I just thought about something – there are several recordings total for Heal Your Own Sleep…I did, I think 4 sessions for the “recorded sessions” upsell, along with several more membership trainings (the one I linked, and more to come, based in part on the feedback I get from my site members). I would be glad to give any and all members of this site free access to everything in exchange for a testimonial?

(Of course, the best testimonial for the site would be from someone who actually has insomnia, and could tell me if the site helps you with that…LOL! But I could always use the general feedback about the quality of the course material, if you are willing to provide it.)

If you are interested, drop me a private message and we’ll talk. I appreciate it!

I Use Reviews

Julie Ruiz
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

This was a great question!

so the next question is: what will it take to get you to YOUR next level?

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

I’m back at A, but I’ve had a major breakthrough on something: Clarity I’ve been seeking for 26 years!

Bruce Hoag PhD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar