Preneurs Helping Preneurs Get Noticed

Escape Plan Help

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Escape Plan Help

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Julia Rotgers 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Robert Labedz
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I very much desire to escape from my current very stressful job at a Hospital. I am the only full time Equipment repair tech and work long hours plus carry a pager for call 24/6. I insisted on one in 7 off. Was hoping they’re fire me, but I reckon after 30 years I am pretty good at my job.
    Any how I really am desiring to have a motivational coaching business helping people like me to go for their freedom, yet I am still a slave, will little time to work on building a business.
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a side hustle online that a non techy with maybe 1 free hour a day could do to earn about $3-4K a month so I can then quit my slave job and focus full time on my own business OR should I just do baby steps of whatever I can to build the Business I really want and would love and suffer thru until freedom comes. I’m 61 got a family to take care of and just found out our youngest daughter 25 has some major heart issue that will require very expensive surgery and we are already in over 150k debt as it is. Pretty stressful all the way around. I am glad I joined this to see what folks are doing, and I just thought I would be transparent and ask. Pride has not served me well so I figured I’d ask folks who might have already traveled my road and are doing well.
    Thank you in advance and God Bless you all!
    Robert

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies

Scott Hogue
    Participant

Robert,
    I feel for you. I guess I am out about a half million now because a man decided to start drinking before he took his step children to school and hit my wife and daughter. They are much more valuable than the money, but if I had not had the money they would have got the best care charity could have provided. That is far from the best care money can provide. Sometimes the difference is life and death.

The money answer is a bit different for all of us. We are all a bit different and our circumstances unique. There is One thing it all starts with for all of us and that is a mindset, a shift in belief, a thought that you hold on to.

We have been mislead for years in that we have been told for centuries that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, it doesn’t. It begins with a single thought and to complete the journey you must hold on to that thought. Without the thought, the intention, you will never take that first step or any step. At anytime release the thought and the journey ceases.

My first wife died of a condition that was the result of a wreck. My second wife divorced me and took everything that wasn’t nailed down when I was fighting a life threatening illness, I didn’t even have light bulbs when I went home. My third wife and our daughter nearly died from a drunk driver incident. I have lost more jobs than you can imagine since I was in manufacturing when they were going overseas. I made two payments on this house from the job I took and moved for, then the company was bought out and that too moved overseas. Still, I have never been late on a house payment, own all my cars and vans clear, never declared bankruptcy and even paid off the medical bills and funeral expenses of the first wife. I give God the credit, but you do have to show up for the blessing. It is incredibly hard to force a man into bankruptcy that won’t give up. I actually believe that if you try to pay your bills God will help you.

I have since worked with many people in my practice to help them with their money problems. I soon found it was easier to teach them what to do than to get them to do it.

I have not got this all online yet, but just for fun let’s suppose I have, what would I suggest?

In person now I require anyone and everyone that works with me to write down at least 40 reasons they must become wealthy. Not I want a sports car written in 40 different ways, but what they would be, do and have if they were wealthy. I then ask them to outline what that would mean. Such as buying a new home, that might mean the children would get their own bedroom or that the landlord would never drop in unexpected or that they would finally have a good roof over their heads and then I ask them to define what that would mean and it usually comes down to what they would become or what role they would fill, be a good parent, not be like their father, something along that line.

It often takes days or weeks for people to complete this exercise in detail and always they tell me it changes them.

I next ask where is their desire to become wealthy on a scale of 1 to 10?

I then ask what it would take to make it a 10 and keep it there. I have them write that down and I keep a copy.

You must review your reasons and what makes this a 10 for you several times a day. It takes a bit of an obsession to get you to follow through.

I wanted me, my family and anyone I met to never be hungry again. That desire took me several times to Africa to feed children and set up support organizations for them. That desire unleashed made the money that paid the hospital, air ambulance, medical and other bills.

It was my 10.

Money is gained by exchange. To obtain money otherwise is either charity or theft.

Everyone must find the thing they can exchange for money. It may be one thing now and another later. The market, needs and wants change frequently and vary by area. You must solve a problem, improve a life, change the direction someone is going in.

When I teach this I break it down into categories. It makes it easier to see and deal with. The six categories of things you can exchange for money are:

1. What you can do
    2. What you have
    3. What you can get
    4. What you know
    5. A promise
    6. A lie or fraud

When you know what you want, why you want it, learn a little about who you are in the process and what it would take to keep your desire at a 10 so when setbacks that are 8’s and 9’s come along you don’t quit, the next step is to look over the six categories and find the thing you can exchange for money that there is a market for. This is the foundation to changing your life. The old timers called it a horse to ride to wealth. A wealth vehicle. People get wealthy in things. Bill Gates software, Henry Ford automobiles, J Paul Getty in oil and so on. You must find your horse to ride or the wealth vehicle to drive that will bring you wealth. It is a bit of a spiritual thing. I can’t tell people what is right for them and sometimes it takes years to find it, sometimes people know as soon as I ask them.

When you find it and create a cash flow pathway, you then multiply your efforts. Ford didn’t make just one car, McDonald’s didn’t make just one hamburger. The more people you serve the less profit you need from each one to build wealth.

You may think, I don’t want to become wealthy, I just want to get by. There are several problems with that. You don’t know how much money you will need. I didn’t know that morning that in the two seconds of the wreck that a drunk driver would spend a half million of my money. I didn’t know I needed that money, but fortunately I was driven to make it.

Wallace Wattles in his book, The Science of Getting Rich explains why everyone should pursue wealth as an honorable goal.

There is tremendous power in clarity.

I hope in some way this is helpful,

Scott Hogue CChH
    Follow me in the "Use What You Learn Challenge" as I create a website using what I learn from Sean that is a Platform for my niche:
    http://www.threestepstowealth.com

The thread on this group that explains it:
    http://preneurpal.com/forums/topic/own-the-game-and-win-it/#post-1747

2 users thanked author for this post.

Robert Labedz
      Participant

Awesome

Scott,
      I have been in bed since Friday afternoon, But I did want to say how brave you are and transparent above your story.
      I have a few I’ll share when I am feeling better – but I just did not want to wait to mention how much you taking the time to give such a thought out response means to me. It gives me hope for me.
      Thank you & God Bless,
      Robert

Bruce Hoag
    Participant

Hi Robert,

There’s power in examples.

Our best ideas are often stimulated by our awareness of what others do.

And so I recommend that you listen to the descriptions that Chris Guillebeau gives of the 200+ side hustles that people with full-time jobs created.

Here’s the link: Side Hustle School

Bruce

Bruce Hoag PhD
    The Internet Marketing Psychologist
    The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Scott and Bruce both: great advice!

Looking into side hustles is powerful . . .and sometimes those side hustles might have to happen locally.

or they might mean starting with a very simple squeeze page just to build a list (that’s what I did to get started)

then starting writing books or recording videos to sell to your list (that’s what I did at first)

Sean

Do you want to learn how to start a coaching program that stabilizes your income and changes lives? If so, visit http://www.AnyoneCanCoach.com

Sean

Robert Labedz
    Participant

Great Encouragement Gentleman

Great Encouragement Gentleman – I really appreciate it.
    Robert

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

Robert,

I feel for you. I know how a stressful day job can leave you feeling like you just don’t have anything left at the end of the day.

My advice to you would be to use the information in the training area starting with;

Introduction to Creating a Blueprint For Your Business

And get clear on what you want to do.

As for Coaching, you can get you to income quickly and it has little set-up.

You can coach from home, on the phone with mostly free tools.

One annual or 6 month client at 3K would get you close to what you need and you only need to do enough marketing to add one client per month.
    You can reach them offline or online.

I think the main reason people don’t jump in and coach is confidence.
    But to me, confidence starts with a clear plan, and that you can get right in this forum.

The next step is to carve out time every day to do the work.

You could even start an accountability thread, right here!

So to summarize;
    I don’t think anyone can answer the tough questions for you, you have to get clear on them yourself.
    Once you have a clear plan, make room in your day to do the work every day.
    Make yourself accountable in some way.

Start thread here
      Email or text someone every day
      Give someone a call
      Set up a buddy at your day job

Just make sure they are someone who won’t let you off the hook.

And finally, accountability is not blame – give yourself permission to rise to new heights and forgiveness when you don’t live up to your ambitions.

Whether it’s a side hustle or a full time coaching biz you’ll grow more and deal with more than you ever did at your day job.
    You’ll find you have to make tough decisions.
    You’ll find you have to make sacrifices in order to stay on track.
    You’ll find you have to renew your commitment over and over again.

I personally think it’s worth it! But you have to find a way to be your own cheerleader and not your personal saboteur.

Let me know if I can help in any way,
    Julia

Have You Been Struggling, Thinking You Don't Have Enough Time To Build Your Business???
    What if "Not Having Enough Time" Was A Thing of The Past?

If You're Ready For a WHOLE NEW WAY of Thinking About Your "Available Time" Click
    ThisChangesTheGame.com and start finding the time you need to get your business off the ground, even if you time is limited.

JuliaRotgers.com

3 users thanked author for this post.

Robert Labedz
      Participant

Thank you Julia

Thank you Julia,

Seem like whenever I really get psyched to actually do something – something like this bug stops or slows me down.
      I will get it do perhaps little by little and with such helpful folks like you and the others hat have responded I am sure to succeed.
      I wish you the very best of success!
      Robert

Bruce Hoag
      Participant

There’s a lot of nasty bugs going around, Robert.

I’m into my fourth week with a virus. At least I’m sleeping all night now, but for three weeks, I didn’t get much done.

And now, I have to get caught up.

It’s as you say, you get all psyched-up, and then you’re sent back to the locker room.

Hang in there.

Bruce Hoag PhD
      The Internet Marketing Psychologist
      The Mindful Writer - for deep and persuasive copy

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

I also think it’s helpful to remember that resistance to anything new is real.
    Biologically, we are wired to resist change and yes, I’ve seen in my own life where it seems like my own body is against me.

I can’t think of one live course that I’ve taken from Sean where I didn’t get sick.
    Big time resistance to change – and I know that about myself.

But it also tells me I’m on the right path.

No resistance?? Then it really does not mean anything to me.

Big time resistance??? Then I better find a way to wrap my head around the fact that I’m pushing through, no matter what – and my body will fall in line.

On a side note – I think humans in general are all too pushed around by how they feel.

Pick up a hammer and saw to try your hand at building a bookshelf and your arm gets sore so you quit.
    Start a new exercise routine and sleep through your alarm and never start.
    Trying to write your book and you get drowsy or distracted so only the first chapter gets done.

The body had become what controls us instead of our mind.
    The mind is meant to be the task-master and the body is to follow behind.

But, as it was explained to me many years ago, our body is more like an unruly pet – undisciplined and a maker of messes yet still allowed to be part of the family. When a good dose of obedience school can make all the difference.

I didn’t mean to go off on that tangent only to say that I think pushing through is often a good thing.

Yes, sometimes our bodies do truly need rest but more often than not we need to make it a habit to do what needs to be done, no matter how we feel.

And I encourage you, don’t let that resistance stop you from doing what you really want to do.

As an added edit – I hope what I said is not taken wrong. I almost deleted it but I think it is one key to my success.
    I DO push through when I don’t feel like it. And I know that feelings (for me it’s especially of fatigue) is my way of avoiding things.
    So #1 – it’s the awareness of your own sabotaging traits ’cause we all have them and #2 Doing what needs to be done anyway.

I in NO WAY meant that if you are sick that you don’t need to rest.

I recently took several weeks and unplugged from electronics (plus spent part of the time sick) and I came back stronger than ever.
    So I know there is a place for rest as well.

All the best,
    Julia

Have You Been Struggling, Thinking You Don't Have Enough Time To Build Your Business???
    What if "Not Having Enough Time" Was A Thing of The Past?

If You're Ready For a WHOLE NEW WAY of Thinking About Your "Available Time" Click
    ThisChangesTheGame.com and start finding the time you need to get your business off the ground, even if you time is limited.

JuliaRotgers.com

1 user thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar